|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to define the ways in which the Microsoft Teams collaboration technologies in meeting rooms of tomorrow will be deployed across the world? Do you have a passion for finding practical applications to the complex challenges presented by the post-Covid hybrid workplace? Do you have experience implementing Skype or Teams meeting room technology at scale for some of the largest companies in the world?
Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing app in Microsoft history and core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communications and collaboration. Through Microsoft Teams collaboration devices Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in our customer needs.
We have become THE hub for teamwork in Office 365 with hundreds of thousands of organizations and 115M+ daily active users across the globe using Teams. Via our Microsoft Teams devices we are building an industry defining ecosystem of collaboration technology for the workplace. Our customers need guidance on how best to implement our devices.
This job is an opportunity to define standards for meeting room technology that will be used globally by companies of all sizes, affecting the lives of millions of Microsoft Teams users daily. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to make a significant impact on an evolving industry, this may be the role for you.
- Be a self-motivated independent contributor working as part of a highly motivated group of Teams device thought leaders.
- Be customer obsessed. Understanding and anticipating the needs of our customers in a changing business and technology landscape is critical.
- Have a good understanding of meeting room technology and implementations at scale in global companies. Product vision, industry knowledge, and an innate ability to understand the needs of collaboration end users both in person and remote is critical.
- Be a thought leader. You will be individually accountable for the design, implementation, and presentation of device deployment standards that will be used by end users across a wide spectrum of industries and scales. Doing this in an efficient, sustainable way while evolving along with the technology and changing user preferences will be critical.
If you have a history of anticipating customer needs, designing and deploying collaboration technology while presenting it to a large audience in an easy-to-understand way, then we want to talk to you. You should have a deep understanding of collaboration technologies as well as their successful implementation and use in meeting space scenarios. You should have the ability to ramp up quickly on existing and upcoming technologies and be able to adapt those solutions to create standards and a platform on which those standards can be presented to a wide audience. Successful candidates will have broad experience spanning many steps in the implementation and execution journey regarding meeting technology, ranging from system design and deployment through end user management ideally including product creation. Good communication and problem-solving skills are a must.
- 7+ years of collaborative meeting technology experience with a track record of successful implementation and documentation.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Microsoft collaboration platforms (Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams) in general and Skype Room Systems and Teams Rooms in particular.
- 5+ years of experience interacting with Fortune 500 level multinational customers regarding the deployment of collaboration technology at a global scale.
- Experience successfully evangelizing the use and deployment of collaboration and meeting technologies to a C-level audience.
- Experience working with leading design, integration, and implementation firms in the commercial audio/visual industry.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to approach complex problems with a thorough design methodology while collaborating with multiple stakeholders on common goals.
- Proven success with cross-discipline and cross-team collaboration.
- Professional experience creating visually appealing customer facing material.
- Passionate about collaboration experiences and the way people interact with both technology and each other.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.