|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you love working on new cutting-edge problems and solutions focused on Data and AI for new product platforms? Are you passionate about next generation technology infrastructure especially as it pertains to Microsoft’s industry charter? If a start up like environment where you can define and mold the product strategy gets you excited, then this role might be a great fit for you.
We are the Azure Global Energy product team, and we are looking for a Senior Program Manager with proven technical product management skills to help us define and deliver on the product roadmap for the Energy industry. We are looking to build out a Data and AI platform for different Energy verticals to solve hard data problems in Oil and Gas, Sustainability, Energy 2.0, Power and Utilities, Renewables and more so we can help Microsoft, and its partners and customers realize that Azure should be the world’s computer for Energy. This role will have tremendous visibility and scope as you will need to work across the different product groups within Microsoft as well as the sustainability team, CELA, Data center and supply chain orgs, Office, Dynamics etc. You will also need to work with a global stakeholders both internally in Microsoft as well as externally.
The right candidate is data-driven and someone who thrives on Microsoft's leadership principles; provide clarity, generate excitement, make things happen. If you love finding simple, elegant solutions for complex, technical problems then this could be the position for you!
- Craft a vision for your area of ownership. Use data and necessary insights to rally the organization around that vision.
- Take ownership of end-to-end business scenarios; problem definition, solutions and technical strategy.
- Strive to generate clarity and drive alignment.
- Take a structural approach in solving complex problems. Communicate to senior decision makers in a clear and compelling way.
- Enable Microsoft first-party divisions to build and run services on Azure and where required help transition to newer Azure offerings.
- Engage in stellar cross group collaboration, able to drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large and diverse organization and deliver results that depend on other divisions and partners.
- Define targets for key business KPIs, and track and report progress on them.
- Define and implement quality of service and SLA metrics for platforms and services that you will own.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with passion for big data. Bonus if you have strong experience in machine learning, or other Data and AI technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus: Experience in Energy (Oil and Gas Exploration scenarios or Sustainability or Power and Utilities, Control systems or HPC Compute) and building out v1 solutions
- 5+ years of experience in program management or product management in software companies.
- Experience building out cloud services in Data Platform, IoT, AI, Compute, Storage and other related technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in AI or big data systems or related technologies to deliver insights and predictive analytics.
- Bachelors and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent.
- Experience in distributed systems, building large scale platforms, and cloud technologies.
- Proven ability to discuss distributed computing topics with technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.
- Experience or understanding of any of the Energy verticals and their problems (Oil and Gas Exploration scenarios or Sustainability or Power and Utilities, Control systems or HPC Compute).
- Experience building out v1 solutions.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.