|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies and transform service delivery with DevOps? Do you want to be part of the team that builds systems and services that helps improve employee experience and productivity? Do you have the engineering skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building cloud systems and services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence?
If your answer is “YES” to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the Engineering team in Corporate Function Engineering (CFE) Organization.
As SAP SuccessFactors DevOps engineer, you will be involved in design, configuration, testing, deploying, and supporting features that enable our critical Core HR business processes across globe empowering employees to be more productive via seamless self-service. The Core HR data needs to be integrated with all other HR systems / processes to enable a coherent experience for employees. You will also engage in building extension on top of SuccessFactors at scale and innovate with high level of automation including system testing, Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
- Design, Implement, Validate, Release components/services/systems using your software engineering (designing, coding, review, testing, debugging, problem solving and analytical) skills in agile team that will measurably add value to our business partners and stakeholders.
- Develop configurations that are complete from a usability, performance, scale, maintainability, extensibility, and built-with-ops-as-first class aspects for the different capabilities within SAP SuccessFactors HXM (Employee Central, Onboarding, LMS, Succession Planning, People Analytics, Recruiting, Payroll).
- Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customer experiences.
- Learn with and as appropriate, lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods, and processes that progressively advances our services’ capabilities to its different stakeholders.
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
- Gain understanding of Microsoft businesses and the varied processes along with their outcomes and collaborate with all stakeholders to contribute to a cohesive set of capabilities built to deliver frictionless experience.
- Define estimates, roadmaps and contribute to with strategy elements – from ideation to articulation to delivery.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and deliver POCs to evaluate technology development towards service modernization and capabilities enhancements.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams and disciplines and drives improvements in engineering at the org level.
- Applies coding patterns, best practices to meet standards and polices (Security, Privacy, SOX).
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in configuration and deployment of SAP SuccessFactors HXM solutions.
- Able to rotate an on-call schedule with availability after hours and on weekends to respond to critical live site issues.
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Relevant work experience in the HR services industry, developing HR systems and/or experience integrating with SAP SuccessFactors Partner solutions is highly desired.
- Relevant work experience in SAP Cloud Platform Applications to innovate on top of SAP SuccessFactors HXM.
- Experienced agile practitioner (certified scrum master, scrum developer or scrum professional).
- Experience driving and establishing Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) practices.
- Be able to translate problem solving techniques into code and have test driven development mindset.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.