Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
- Acts as the principal advisor to upper management in Cybersecurity matters. Ensures security improvement designs are evaluated, validated, and implemented as required. Certifies that protection and detection capabilities are acquired or developed using the Cybersecurity engineering approach and are consistent with organization-level cybersecurity architecture. Explores and assesses the latest technology trends, disruptions and security/IT service business models to ensure Business Technology maintains, and improves, organization cyber competitive edge.
- Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the team. Provides strong leadership and direction to team members. Provides subject matter expertise across all Cybersecurity technologies. Oversees project implementation to ensure successful solution delivery.
- Researches, engineers and integrates new Cybersecurity solutions. Applies service oriented security architecture principles to meet organization's confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements. Performs cyber defense incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identifying the specific vulnerability. Makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Creates and maintains Cybersecurity technology roadmap. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory and legal requirements Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners, and external vendors. Enforces the engineering and architecture methodologies to be in compliance with technical aspects of security controls and standards, and pilots the implementation of prominent security solutions to improve the confidentiality, integrity and/or availability of the firm’s intellectual property, systems and applications.
- Transforms business requirements into technical specifications. Designs and develops system security measures to ensure Cybersecurity is fully integrated. Validates current and future state architectural models to assess impact across all Cybersecurity technology systems.
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 6 + years of experience in Information Security, Application Security, Programming, DevOps, Cloud, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related
- Bachelors Degree in Information Security, Information Technology or Business
- 4 years of hands on experience working with AWS and/or GCP cloud environments
- Has an advanced understanding of IAM and permissions model in AWS and/or GCP
- Has the experience creating and securing the most commonly used AWS services such as S3, EC2, RDS, lambda, VPC, SQS, SNS etc.
- Has good understanding of use of AWS CloudTrail and CloudWatch for security and monitoring purposes
- Should demonstrate proficiency in coding in python and unix shell scripting
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.