Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Executes R&D functions of design, development, testing, certification, and delivery activities for contact and contactless chip technologies, mobile payments, and other emerging technology-based solutions for card acceptance devices as well as payment devices. Writes new specifications (including functional features and security features), new test plans, certification requirements, or develops sample applications. Coordinates with vendors such as card and chip manufacturers, test laboratories, test tool providers, and mobile application developers for product development.
Discover has contact, contactless (D-PAS), mobile and QR products based on EMV standards and our payment transaction requirements. These products are used globally and are supported by technology vendors from all parts of the world.
This role is to develop, maintain and enhance Discover’s testing infrastructure for digital product based on Secure Element & HCE solutions, e-commerce products like Secure Remote Commerce and 3D-Secure technologies and new emerging products. Requires knowledge of specific chip based technology such as EMV, DPAS, Contactless (NFC), Global Platform and HCE technology. This role will provide subject matter expertise and consulting across multiple internal and external stakeholders for activities like product development, test tool development, type approvals and deployments. This role will focus on developing test plans, test tools and security requirements required to get the vendor/client products certified. This role also require adequate knowledge & understanding for security requirements and evaluations to meet or align with industry trends and needs. The candidate should have unique industry experience of chip-based technologies, test tools and a knowledge of payment industry products and systems.
- Creates high-level technical design documents and detailed technical specifications for new technology-based card acceptance devices and payment devices.
- Creates and maintains the test plans, test tools, and test procedures for new technology-based card acceptance devices and payment devices.
- Oversees the development of certification scripts and a certification process for multiple categories of payment technology vendors.
- Participates in development of global standards and specifications for various global standards bodies (e.g. EMVCo).
- Manages the vendor relationship for key external vendors.
- Responsible for understanding the technical specifications of digital products and lead activities to develop the test strategy and test program aligned with the technical requirements.
- Responsible to work with 3rd party tool vendors for developing functional tools and accreditation.
- Responsible for ensuring the security requirements of digital products is clearly outlined in accordance to digital products as well as industry trends.
- Responsible to work with 3rd party security labs for evaluating digital products in accordance with established security requirements and/or guidelines.
- Create and maintain all functional & security artifacts for all products.
- Work with internal teams to own definition and evaluation strategy of security related components of product certifications
- Develop good understanding of the tools used in testing and support in testing activities internally as required
- Provide support in analyzing incidents and getting to resolution
- Manage vendor relationship activities such as regular meetings with key vendors, support in vendor forum discussions and events
- Collaborate with internal teams such as product, risk, specifications, etc. for requirements, development and keeping the teams informed of changes
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 1+ years of experience as Payment Technology Engineer
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience as Payment Technology Engineer
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience in EMV Chip-based Technology, Contactless (NFC), Global Platform, Payment domain & systems,
- Mobile product development and testing expertise is an asset
- 5+ years’ of payments experience preferably including testing experience of EMV technology and associated test tools
- 2+ years of experience in three or more of the following area: cryptography, authentication, pen tests or vulnerability assessments, application security, data structure and algorithms
- 2+ years of experience in evaluating, recommending and implementing new and emerging security products and technologies1 year of experience preferred in mobile product development and testing expertise
- Strong vendor management skills and ability to be understand the dependencies across multiple parties and resolve issues
- Ability to drive process, project and results by influencing and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think out of the box and find alternate option to resolve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid relationship management practices with the ability to build working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.