Last updated 14 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is looking for a hands-on Senior Data Engineering Leader to join our Data team and build data solutions and applications that power critical business decisions throughout the organization and inform the product strategy. We are looking for a forward-thinking, structured problem solver, technical specialist, and talented leader passionate about building systems at scale. You will lead a world-class engineering practice, develop data solutions that the business teams can use with a high level of confidence and trust to drive their day-to-day decisions and product strategy.
As the data domain specialist, you will be partnering with a cross-functional team consisting of Information Technology, data platform, product engineering, analytics teams, and data scientists across various initiatives. Requirements may be vague, but the iterations will be rapid, and you need to take smart and calculated risks. You are interested in reporting platforms and data visualization.
More about you
You are passionate about technology, data and understand the power of the data to influence the future of companies like Atlassian. You thrive on developing phenomenal people and data products with your experience as a leader using modern data architecture and engineering practices and tools to process, store, and expose consumer-scale datasets and build robust back-end services.
You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development, and you are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of software engineering, data engineering, and basic data science.
You have excellent business engagement skills, thrive on building strong partnership and working relationship with business leaders at all levels. You have a strong sense of fiscal discipline and manage tight budget and drive cost efficiency.
You are an experienced manager with a strong record of attracting and growing data talent through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development. You foster an inclusive environment where all points of view are welcomed and encouraged.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 12+ years of experience in data pipelines, data warehouse, data analytics
- 8+ years of experience leading data engineering teams
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business drivers and of how to drive value using data across the organization
- Demonstrated experience of having developed strong business relationship and trust with senior business leaders across different business functions.
- 10+ Years of experience in delivering data and analytics solutions for various business domains like Finance, People(HR), Go To Market, Customer support.
- Experience with solution building and architecting with public cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services, S3, EMR/Spark/Hive, Presto/Athena
- Proven experience building streaming and batch processing data pipeline using Kafka
- Experience with test automation, continuous delivery, ensuring high data quality across multiple datasets used for analytical purposes
- Experience in building anomaly detection checks and proactive monitoring of the quality of the data and KPI's at scale
- Experience with Lambda Architecture or other Big Data architectural standard methodologies
- Solid understanding and experience building Microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Tableau and other BI tools
- Prior experience working with Analytics and with Data Science teams
- Proven experience hiring and mentoring high-caliber, data-focused engineers with diverse technical strengths and backgrounds.
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for data, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and can translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language for business partners.
- A graduate degree in Computer Science or a similar subject area
It's great but not required if you have:
- Experience working with Data Governance teams implementing Data management practices
- Experience working for SAAS companies
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Committed code to open source projects
More about our team
Atlassian is over a decade old, but our team is much younger. We'll have to blaze new trails to enable important growth decisions, so we're continually growing, learning, and trying to do things differently. You'll be joining a team that is crazy smart, and very direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to improve our work continuously. We are self-driven but team-oriented. We're all about enabling growth by delivering the right data and insights in the right way to partners across the company.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.