|Job Type:||Full Time|
Privacy is one of the defining issues of our time. As leader of the Privacy team within Engineering Services, you will work across the Web Experiences Team (WebXT) products and services portfolio to manage the strategy and execution of the privacy program. You will collaborate with engineering to inform and promote transparency, choice and privacy management experiences that influence Microsoft’s collection and use of personal data. You will define and maintain organization-wide processes for incorporating privacy into the product development cycle and engineering systems.
We are searching for a Senior Privacy Manager that can create innovative strategies to monitor and assure privacy standards and to drive scalable processes to maintain alignment with Microsoft’s Privacy Standard. The right person has a passion for deeply understanding customer needs, protecting customer rights, and enabling the business. Candidates should have proven experience applying privacy requirements to engineering solutions going beyond standard risk and compliance management.
- Be the privacy advisor to engineering teams. Apply your deep privacy expertise on user consent, data collection requirements, data storage and processing, ensuring WebXT products and services meet privacy requirements and business objectives.
- Ensure WebXT products and connected services comply with the Microsoft Privacy Standard, as well as any other legal regulations.
- Help educate teams and drive privacy as a mindset across engineering and research teams. Identify and drive privacy program improvements, including process improvements, tooling requirements, and opportunities to improve the experience for engineers.
- Practical experience conducting privacy impact assessments.
- Demonstrated team and project management excellence in medium-large scale projects including managing a scope, schedule, and budget.
- 5+ years demonstrated technical and/or feature program management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing security or privacy compliance related engineering programs.
- IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.