|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing team within Microsoft Azure Engineering? Are you constantly customer-obsessed, and focused on enhancing customer experience? Are you passionate about cloud computing and love the challenge of solving the most complex technical problems?
Come join us and surround yourself with people who are passionate about cloud computing and believe that extraordinary support is critical to customer success.
We are Azure Customer Engineering (ACE) – a global Azure Engineering Support organization (part of Azure Customer Experience group) that is customer-obsessed, and support engaged, with an engineering mindset. Our mission is to turn Azure customers into fans with a world-class engineering-led support experience.
As an Azure Customer Engineer (ACE), you are theprimary support and engineering contactaccountable for the customer’s Azure support experience driving resolution of complex critical problems and supporting key customer projects on Azure. You will also act as the voice of the customer within Azure to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of platform/support improvement needs for customers.
In this role, you will work together with field teams (Customer Success Account Managers, Cloud Solution Architects, Support Escalation Engineers) and Azure engineering teams on:
- Proactive Customer Engagement– Understand and support their key solutions, workloads, and priorities on Azure including regular engagement on trend analysis, proactive monitoring, and event planning.
- Strategic Project Execution– Own project-level Azure issues and actively drive them towards resolution whilst ensuring support and engineering readiness for key milestones.
- Critical Problem Resolution– Lead Azure Support to drive fast mitigation of issues impacting critical workloads and provide timely communication in a 24x7x365 global support environment.
- Case Ownership– Directly own a subset of customer support cases from end to end. Deliver a great customer support experience. Continuously grow Azure technical skills.
- RCA Ownership– Own and drive the timely delivery of quality root cause analysis (RCA) to understand and prevent future occurrence of reported issues.
- Engineering Engagement– Relentlessly champion and advocate driving product feedback, feature requests to address customer pain points and improve Azure resiliency.
- Experience: 8+ years of demonstrated IT experience supporting and troubleshooting enterprise level, mission-critical applications resolving highly complex issues/situations and driving technical resolution across cross-functional organizations. At least 5+ yrs. of cloud experience.
- Excellent Communication: Must have the ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence. Able to explain highly technical issues to varied audiences. Able to prioritize and advocate customer’s needs to the proper channels. Take ownership and work towards a resolution.
- Education: Desired Degree in Computer Science/Technology, Engineering or Equivalent Experience. Certification in Microsoft and/or other Cloud Technologies.
- Customer Obsession: Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
- Growth Mindset: Openness and ability to learn new skills and technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical Skills: Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies with demonstrated hands-on experience in one or more of the following domains:
- Core IaaS: Compute, Storage, Networking, High Availability
- Data Platform and Bigdata: SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, HDInsight/Hadoop, Machine Learning, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory / Data Bricks
- Azure PaaS Services: Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD, ADFS, etc.
- Preferred but not required: Cosmos DB, Azure Kubernetes Service
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, Open Source)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.