|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) Finance team is looking for front line Finance leaders.
Our team works across all Microsoft products and services and influences sales teams world-wide. We are looking for leaders who can proactively partner with internal and external customers to have global impact with the goal of maximizing revenue, market share, and profit. We will empower and inspire you to lead and be a top performer while providing diverse career opportunities.
Are you passionate about leading operational excellence in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your creativity to mature a scale process? Would you like to be the architecture for Microsoft’s future planning solution for the $100B commercial business?
If so, this Senior Finance Manager position is for you!
Our team values the following sets of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
o Deep modeling capabilities which includes leveraging internal Microsoft tools, reporting cubes, BI tools and other financial systems
o Passion to solve problems, working at multiple altitudes, from strategic and high-level framing to detailed analysis
o A growth mindset to continue to sharpen our approach to new business challenges
- Project management:
o Effectively managing and prioritizing multiple inputs, tasks and stakeholders, sometimes under tight deadlines
o Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, in a business that evolves at a very fast pace
- Cross-Group Collaboration:
o Leadership skills, proactively driving and delivering high-impact results through both individual and v-team effort
o Strong partnering capabilities, influencing others without direct authority and appropriately pushing back when required
- Lead process excellence for the WCB revenue planning team, including calendar and milestone management
- Drive relentless focus on continuous improvements in tooling and processes
- Identify efficiency opportunities in existing tooling (Jedox) & processes, partner with the central tooling team and other stakeholders to land execution
- Proactively influence blueprints for future Commercial Revenue Planning solutions based on learnings of our tooling and process set up
- Apply project management skills to plan, manage scope, identify core team and cross-functional stakeholders, and proactively address gaps and resolve issues
- Co-lead central processes with the Central Finance team, including planning model baseline readiness, exception approvals, etc.
Be a change agent, relentlessly seeking opportunities to optimize and drive scale
- Experience with financial planning and finance processes, including knowledge of planning systems (Jedox preferred)
- Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective
- Strong partnering capabilities, collaborative and inclusive when working with others
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and comfortable working through ambiguity
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Economics or Information Systems
- 5+ years related work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.