|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a technical Program or Project Manager with a desire for challenging projects and a bias for team-centered successes? Come join a fast-paced engineering and 24x7 operations team responsible to review, oversee, and assess infrastructural operations across all clouds to ensure they comply with Government regulations and deliver high-impact products and services in Azure Global. Azure Global has become the heart of adoption and expansion for Azure and our program offers tremendous expansion and growth opportunities. Come join a team that is driving next-generation Azure Government capabilities and solutions across multiple cloud environments and domains.
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to customers and stakeholders. With world-class engineering, security, and protection the government can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale. Azure Government enables innovation with deeply integrated cloud services, advanced analytics, and an open application platform, that provides the building blocks to rapidly develop, deploy and manage intelligent solutions. Government customers can leverage the vast network of Microsoft’s technology partners and diverse marketplace offerings, to advance their mission and serve their citizens.
The U.S. Government is eager to realize the benefits of the cloud, adopting a Cloud First policy for new investments. Microsoft is committed to supporting these initiatives and is uniquely positioned to offer hyper scale cloud capabilities to U.S. Government customers for all its cloud computing needs.
As a Technical Project or Program Manager on our team, the person filling this position responsibilities will include:
- Work in a 24x7 shift based environment to provide oversight of critical actions and troubleshooting efforts, inspect actions across the environment to ensure compliance requirements are met and perform remediations as appropriate, drive analytics to detect anomalies and trigger response workflows.
- Leverage a sound product sense, technical aptitude, and an eagerness to solve difficult problems, while working closely with engineering and operational teams to define scalable and tailorable capabilities and services to support government missions.
- Develop and deliver, using Agile methods, comprehensive technical requirements documents, solution implementation plans, and engineering architectures.
- Participate in daily standups and weekly planning meetings; assess and communicate program progress; prioritize and unblock work activities; and take ownership to collaborate across Microsoft stakeholder groups to complete project requirements.
- Ensure technical requirements precision and transparency, coordinate with impacted stakeholders, embrace program agility, manage scope creep, leveraging methods and practices to manage complexity and ambiguity, and support the team to build and deliver high quality and secure products and services.
- Design and expand capabilities and services with a continued focus on high availability, scalability, robustness, and continuous monitoring of technical and operational environments.
- Grow and mentor a team of experts focused on managing diverse technical projects, to include project planning, solution implementation, requirements management, and retrospectives.
- Build capability prototypes, evaluate alternative solutions, and conduct testing to validate technical and programmatic readiness based on defined requirements and customer expectations.
- Manage and negotiate program and technical ambiguity and build trust and confidence within your team through effective leadership and continuous integrity.
- Develop technology management processes to enable and sustain technical solutions and capabilities across multiple sensitive domains and architectures.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager delivering customer-facing products and employing Agile methodologies
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 7+ years equivalent industry experience.
- Strong product and service design, implementation, and testing skills
- Experience driving large strategic and complex or ambiguous projects that span large organizations, generate Executive visibility, and include critical program dependencies.
- Proven technical and program management leadership skills when working across diverse engineering and operational team structures.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively across multiple program disciplines and teams.
- Self-starter and ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex processes effectively and succinctly to unique disciplines and organization hierarchal levels.
- Ability to master deadlines, track details, and manage multiple workstreams.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active US Government TS/SCI security clearance and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph), or have an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Experience with Azure, AWS, Google or any other cloud provider is desired; a broad understanding of various SaaS, PaaS and IaaS solutions and offerings is a plus.
- Industry experience troubleshooting, investigating, and resolving production issues in large scale cloud and/or hosted environments.
- Proven success serving in key Management and Leadership positions.
- Maintain an immense intellectual curiosity, and a high threshold to work within highly complex and ambiguous environments.
- Experience working with systems that require FedRAMP and/or DoD/DISA authorization and accreditation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.