|Job Type:||Full Time|
BigData is just starting to change the world, and the BigData team at C&E has one of the biggest cluster deployments in the world, running over hundreds of thousands of machines in multiple regions. Our group runs Azure Data Lake Analytics and Microsoft internal Cosmos clusters, powering all of Microsoft online assets.
We are hiring for the Cosmos Compute platform, responsible for driving the “kernel” of our BigData products; we empower our partners to run Open Source technologies analytics engines like Spark and Hive as well as USQL and Scope at scale, while lowering COGS and improving utilization of our machines. We are responsible for driving innovation at the system level and massive distributed computation.
We are looking for a hand-on, deeply technical and experience developer that has a passion for cloud service and massive-scale computation. You will have a chance to work with Open Source tools together with existing committers and potentially work toward becoming one over time. You enjoy though technical challenges and are comfortable with either Java or C#. You will have the opportunity to define, design and drive large area of improvements
- 5+ year of professional experience in software development in large teams
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and Data structured
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building complex system that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Knowledge of what it takes to deliver and maintain cloud based services
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies
- Experience with system architecture/design
- Experience with distributed systems operating in a scalable/high volume environment
Cloud Background Screening Requirement:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.