|Job Type:||Full Time|
As we expand high performance computing, we are applying the latest in secure collaborative technologies to our growing Azure cloud capabilities. Be part of a new business stand-up and help us expand our strategic global industries with thought leadership in key technologies such as distributed large scale secure, high performance computing. Lead the team in the delivery of advanced projects and push the art-of-the-possible with Azure.
Our diversity of knowledge and experience comes together for the benefit of our customers, our colleagues, our business, and ourselves. As we grow, our team actively seeks out and values diversity of background, thought, and disciplines. We enjoy great challenges, collaboration and seeing our customers succeed while we evolve our platform. We are an agile team, have growth mind-set, deeply passionate about our customers and developing quality software. We invest in career progression and learning opportunities. Join us and build the future of global computing and connectivity!
We are looking for a Principal Developer with lead and architecture experience, who has a passion and proven track record for designing and building secure cloud infrastructure with a desire to work on leading edge, real-world, global scale problems.
This technical leadership role presents a robust opportunity to have a tangible impact on our cloud products and advance product strategy, as well as fuel our customers’ success. Intentional collaboration is a must in this role.
- Deliver solutions through software development with a high degree of focus on quality code, innovation, and strong communications through documentation
- Design product architecture and solutions for complex technical needs, managing dependencies to enable cohesive and connected user scenarios
- Develop solution patterns and insights to surface gaps, whitespace, limits, and adoption barriers to drive feedback across the engineering teams to fuel the continued evolution of our cloud platform
- Work directly with engineering leaders, product owners, and engineering team
- Participate actively in code development, code reviews, bug/issue triage within the engineering team, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- 7+ years experience in the disciplines of software design, development, and engineering in team-oriented product environments
- 7+ years experience and knowledge with at least one object-oriented programming language (e.g., C++, C#, Java) developing scalable, distributed, robust back-end services and platforms
- Strong technical knowledge of Azure cloud architecture and services (IaaS, containers, orchestrators), or similar experience with AWS or GCP
- Excellent at interfacing with customer executives and technical leaders
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies and best practices
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in technology-focused or engineering-related discipline or equivalent combination of work/education in lieu of degree
- Experience architecting and implementing cloud-based solutions
- Worked on solutions built for cloud scale resiliency
- Contribute to the team’s learning and growth
- A positive team player that values and cultivates inclusion, conscious collaboration, growth mindset, leading by example and customer obsession
- Desire to learn and adapt to the ever-changing cloud technologies
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (e.g. knowing your audience and adjusting accordingly)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country