|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Networking Team is growing and we’re looking for a creative and hard-working engineer who can combine networking experience with software development fundamentals to help build the world’s best private backbone network and SDN platform. We’re passionate about automating every facet of the network to converge on a self-growing, self-healing network. We want engineers that are equally passionate and can look at the problems with a Customer's perspective to create user experiences that truly enable and empower Technicians, Engineers and Planners.
Focusing on the global backbone network, and working closely with partner teams in Azure Networking, you’ll be a critical part designing and developing automation and large-scale services that drive our network to autonomy. This will include owning components from design through to deployment and operations. This is a high visibility position in an area of large and expanding investment for Microsoft Azure and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
- Work across the Azure Networking organization to design, code, and integrate human centered stateful workflows into our mainstream network operations tooling.
- Strong focus on network reliability and methods to measure operational problems, incorporating findings and fixes into DevOps sprint planning and safe deployments.
- Lead the automation of our SD-WAN operational framework, device onboarding and buildouts.
- Contribute to the improvement of safe deployment orchestration and integration testing by connecting automation to virtual WAN network (crystalnet).
- Resolve live site issues by troubleshooting complex network components and features (e.g., device operating systems), including customer-facing support.
- Support innovation and cost management by developing new ideas for network systems and tools that meet customer and/or business needs.
- Take your ideas from design to production – own it end to end.
- 1+ years of professional software development experience in the networking domain
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering (or a related field), or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- Self-starter with proven ability to develop creative solutions that enable Customers.
- Experience with C#, Python, Go, REST, YAML, and Workflow systems.
- Knowledge of IP/ethernet networking fundamentals
- Interest and ability to research new and emerging technologies to better solve networking problems.
- Proven track record of getting hands dirty to fix problems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.