|Job Type:||Full Time|
Studio Alpha is Microsoft’s Serious Gaming initiative. We empower organizations to solve complex planet-scale massive data problems using simulation and artificial intelligence run in the Cloud, visualized using Gaming Technology.
We’re pushing boundaries by applying the latest in gaming technology to our growing Azure cloud capabilities. Be part of an exciting new business start-up and help us expand our industry leading cloud and AI expertise into new sectors.
We are looking for a world class 3D CG Supervisor/TAD who has a passion and proven track record working with AAA game engines (initially Unreal) to develop innovative products and to create Look Dev work around future opportunities. You’ll be working with a team of industry veterans to create 3D AI driven simulations to enable better decision making for real-world, global scale problems.
Artistic excellence is a must and the successful candidate will have a track record of personally pushing forwards what’s possible with real-time engines. In this role you will be a senior member of the Studio Alpha team with hands-on responsibility for driving our 3D vision.
This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of a brand-new business, collaborating with industry leading cloud, game studio and game services leaders across Microsoft.
This role will be expected to deliver the following:
- Work with our Creative Director to guide the visual development of our real-time 3D time product platform with expert-level thought leadership on lighting, tools and pipelines, environment biomes and more
- Deliver impactful real-time showcase demos of client experiences
- Bring advanced AI tools, mapping, and partner technologies together with leading game engines to make our simulation platform not just functional but genuinely beautiful
- Collaborate by bringing tech and tools from across Microsoft into something bigger than its component parts. We truly are One Microsoft!
- 10+ years of experience in professional games or real-time engine development
- Please note that a portfolio of work is an application requirement for this role
- Industry recognized individual 3D art skills and understanding of real-time 3D pipelines and asset generation processes. You will be an outstanding artist at heart!
- World class technical and artistic innovator who can collaborate effectively with engineers and technical leaders to solve highly complex problems at scale in a game development context
- Proven cross-discipline communication/presentation skills. Leading the 3D aspects of our platform is only part of the job; you'll need to collaborate with diverse groups, from both internal teams and development studios within the video game industry. Your success will be dependent on your ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated leadership responsibility for delivery of a technically demanding product, in a team environment, from idea conception through launch.
- Professional experience coordinating 3D work across engineering, art, and design disciplines.
- Ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and consider multiple paths to a solution. You are facilitator who clears roadblocks from the paths of your team and others.
- Business owner/operator mindset
0-50% travel can be expected in this role, though travel is not required near-term during COVID related restrictions
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country