|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking an experienced Business Administrator to provide support to the Maps & Geospatial Team. The ideal candidate is someone who can navigate and change directions quickly and can embrace a challenge head on with confidence, a calm sense of urgency, and a positive attitude. You must have strong communication skills, along with a professional demeanor and a desire to remove barriers to ensure success. You must be highly detail-oriented, have strong multi-tasking skills, and practice consistent and timely follow-through. You must have high integrity and be able to handle confidential information appropriately.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated work experience providing strong planning, organizational, and time management skills, while also showing flexibility, ability to work independently, and be comfortable operating with ambiguity. Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, change direction in rapid response to a fluctuating work environment, and prioritize among multiple projects with a dynamically changing workload.
- Be the first point-of-contact for all group administrative needs
- Procurement/Purchase Order Management of Equipment & Office Supplies
- Asset Tracking
- Shipping & Receiving
- Software Orders & Management
- Equipment/Inventory Management
- New Hire Setup
- Morale & Team Event Planning
- Contingent Staff Procurement & Onboarding
- 3+ years demonstrated administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and always use discretion and judgment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of corporate organization and culture and ability to navigate it successfully.
- Experience working within a global organization across multiple time zones.
- Strong attention to detail-oriented with strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong cross-team collaboration & organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and requests.
- Exercise sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity, and professionalism in all communications
- Proficiency with MS products including Outlook, Visio, Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Microsoft internal tools such as: Employee Central, Headtrax, MyOrder
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.