|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for learning and teaching others? Do you have an affinity for enabling outstanding customer support? Do you have a deep understanding of how engineers implement, manage, and support software development across platforms like Azure, Windows, iOS and Android?If so, be a part of the digital transformation at Microsoft by building technical learning and assessment experiences that help current and aspiring support engineers build and maintain their Azure Developer and Developer Support skills!
Microsoft Worldwide Learning’s mission is to build world class capability for customers, partners, employees and future generations, enabling them to develop, grow, and achieve success professionally. Within WWL, the Technical Content Development team’s mission is to help IT professionals, developers, and employees build their technical skills and advance their careers. We are a dynamic team of skilled and experienced content development, learning, and content portfolio management professionals, with a high-energy, diverse & inclusive, and iteration-driven culture, grounded in real customer and field needs. We build blended learning experiences that include Instructor Led Training (ILT), supported by interactive experiences and online training. We have tremendous opportunities not only to increase customer satisfaction, but also to innovate the content we deliver.
WWL Global Technical Learning is looking for a seasoned IT and Learning & Development professional to design, create, curate, and maintain a curriculum that provides world-class learning experiences for Microsoft Support Engineers in the Azure Developer and Developer Support - Support Engineering groups. This candidate also needs to exhibit a passion for training customers, and ideally, have experience as a project manager, content developer (training or documentation), technical writer/trainer, or as a support engineer.
In this role, you will engage with Customer Service and Support (CSS) subject matter experts to define and develop technical training curriculums, knowledge measures, and assessments that enable and measure critical role-specific skills for Azure Developer and Developer Support engineers, informed by supportability data and aligned with high-impact customer support scenarios. You will leverage and adapt industry standard adult learning practices to define requirements, design, and develop innovative learner experiences uniquely targeted to Support Engineer skills and learning requirements.
Strong verbal and written communication and cross-group collaboration skills are an essential part of your Content Developer skills set, as you become closely connected to the CSS Support Engineering teams to monitor and respond to rapid product release and update cycles. In partnership with CSS, you will define learning requirements, curate existing and create net-new content assets, and update and maintain existing curriculums. You will manage the content development process from ideation and skills analysis all the way through final product release.
Proven project management skills are essential in this role to keep projects on-track and on-budget during the content development life cycle. You will become WWL’s “authoritative source” for CSS training content in the Azure Developer and Developer Support space. Strong product development mindset will be an asset as you collaborate with teammates to envision and implement innovative ways for Microsoft employees, customers, and partners to access the right learning at the right time with new form factors and delivery technologies.
Primary roles and responsibilities of this position:
- Design, author and publish the highest quality learning experiences for Azure Developer and Developer Support engineers. This includes hands on labs, text, videos and interactive and engaging activities.
- Work with Microsoft CSS SMEs and other Content and Product Groups to curate content as well as create, refine, and align the learning experience with product and support lifecycles.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in disciplines such as learning & development, support readiness, support engineering, or program management.
- Deep understanding of Azure Development as well as expertise in at least one programming language like C#
- Experience with software development technologies such as Visual Studio, Azure DevOps and / or Git
- Understanding of Customer Service & Support engineer roles
- Experience with instructional design and curriculum development across multiple modalities (online, instructor-led)
- A willingness to be agile, a motivated self-starter, and have a passion to constantly learn and improve.
- Strong Adaptability, Collaboration, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Planning, Organizing, and Executing, and Judgment are core competencies needed for this role.
- Works with high degree of Respect, Accountability, and Integrity
- Experience with the full spectrum of Azure Dev and Developer Support scenarios, including cross Browser development, ASP.net, Windows and cross platform software development, Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, as well as Azure Development technologies like Storage Service Fabric, Service Bus, PaaS Compute, PaaS Management
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization and working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with agile development methodologies, and use of Azure DevOps to manage development priorities and backlogs
- Understanding of Data (Data trends, content analysis) and fluency using Excel and other data reporting tools such as Power BI
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.