|Job Type:||Full Time|
As the initial era of “remote everything” has given way to durable, hybrid models of work, we’ve entered a new digital age that is completely transforming how we work — today and for the next decade. Microsoft 365 is powering this transformation and brings the power of the cloud to every person, providing them with a secure, integrated experience designed for a new world of work.
We’re looking for a remarkable product marketer to help market and then drive usage and upsell of Microsoft 365 to small and medium businesses (SMBs) worldwide. If you are inspired by innovation, are passionate about making small and medium businesses successful, and want to take an lead the strategy and product marketing decisions for Microsoft 365 in SMB, then this is the role for you.
This role requires strategic thinking, business acumen, a proven ability to execute and achieve results, a passion for our customers in all geographies and a commitment to making them successful, and outstanding leadership and commitment to diversity and inclusion. Research has shown that diverse teams produce the best outcomes, and in Microsoft 365 product marketing, we take that learning to heart. We welcome diversity in all of its forms and work every day to create an inclusive culture.
- Develop and execute the Target Market Growth Plan and report monthly on its progress. This will include the 14 priority markets for Microsoft sales as well as special markets identified for breakthrough growth.
- Develop plan for growth in Emerging Markets and conduct pilot projects to grow our knowledge in how to be successful there Provide clear guidance and strategic frameworks to Microsoft Subsidiary teams in 14 markets to ensure quality execution based on regional market opportunities.
- Adopt a global/local lens across the different marketing engines and partnerships to deeply understand and analyze sales and marketing trends more broadly in SMB across regional areas.
- Drive the effectiveness of our marketing investments, and the efficacy of our different channel approaches partnering with local teams.
- Propose innovative new GTM approaches and drive pilots working closely with our segment, partner, product, business planning, integrated marketing and finance teams.
- Provide clear guidance and strategic frameworks to local teams to ensure quality execution based on regional market opportunities.
- Lead day to day management of the Microsoft 365 SMB Product Marketing Manager Community and drive role alignment in the field.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and attributes:
- Exceptional communication skills, being able to adapt messages and delivery style from factual executive summaries to compelling presentations for internal and external partners
- Executive maturity and the ability to influence for impact in a highly matrixed organization
- Be a self-starter with a sense of urgency who is either comfortable dealing with ambiguity or downright excited by working through it
- Able to multitask in a fast-moving environment, meet deadlines and change course rapidly when necessary. Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize several complex projects
- Enjoy working in a high-performing team environment, bringing well-reasoned points of view to every discussion while being prepared to be persuaded on a different approach by a stronger argument
- Able to move between building and articulating strategic thinking one hour and driving highly tactical execution the next, as needs dictate
- A passion for technology and the ability to translate technology into powerful marketing
- Self-awareness, the ability to be self-critical and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Experience in business planning, market and competitive analysis
- Proven ability to work successfully to build relationships with global stakeholders across different geo-political and organizational boundaries
- Field experience in a related Microsoft or partner role would be an advantage, as would an understanding of how the different organizations within Microsoft operate together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.