|Location:||New York, New York, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Industry teams enable our sales teams and partners to deliver relevant, high-quality solutions and services to empower our commercial and public sector customers to lead the digital transformation of our customers in the financial services industry.
We are the Worldwide Financial Services Industry (FSI) team covering Banking, Capital Markets and Insurance. We are seeking to add an experienced, motivated and high performing individual to join us as our Executive Engagement Lead with a unique opportunity to have impact across our FSI industry customers, account teams, marketing teams, communication teams and our FSI subject matter experts.
- Create a customer engagement support model for the Worldwide FSI CVP in partnership with the WW FSI Business manager that is aligned to the team's strategy, goals and objectives, including establishing the criteria and triage process for directing ownership of customer engagement activities
- Run the rhythm to support executive sponsored accounts, which includes building a consistent process, solid engagement plans with clear objectives, and efficient tracking of actions that accrues to business results
- Drive preparation for meetings including discussion briefs, background, presentation packets, and pre-briefs
- Attend executive level meetings to gather discussion themes, document feedback/actions and align to the proper business owners
- Create a system that ensures executive follow-up for continued progress in relationships
- In partnership with the WW FSI Partner Strategy Lead and the WW FSI Solutions lead support the executive engagement for the core set of ISV and SI partners
- Coordinate and manage to closure all customer escalations directed towards the CVP, including conducting due diligence across field sales and engineering teams, organizing resources to resolve, preparing and summarizing information to the leader
- Plan and support customer and partner visits to the Microsoft Executive Briefing Center where the CVP is engaged or someone is acting on behalf of the CVP
- Maximize customer, partner, and field engagements by building out a scheduled plan on which subsidiaries and events to travel to, coordinate with WW FSI EA regarding all travel preparations, align with local teams in preparation for site visits, prep the leader and drive follow up actions and communications
This role requires someone who is highly motivated combining a prior sales or similar background with exceptional strategic thinking, superior executive communication skills, project management, and excellent team member skills (down, across, and up.)
- 7+ years' experience in sales, customer engagement, program management, and/or business management demonstrating a strong understanding of customer interactions
- Business maturity and experience working with senior executives, with an ability to balance customer and internal priorities in proposed engagement strategies that deliver tangible business outcomes
- Ability to work independently but seek guidance, coaching and assistance from both direct leadership and the CVP as needed
- Exceptional messaging and writing skills
- Great attention to detail and ensures accuracy in all communication deliverables
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to drive coordination across all levels and stakeholders
- Strong track record of program management and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, drive strong work-back plans
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and able to adapt plans and approach real-time
- Understanding of Microsoft’s commercial business solutions, including customers and partner ecosystem
- Willingness to step in to cover for the Chief of Staff or other staff colleagues by taking on activities or initiatives not directly related to the customer engagement portfolio, but that could be stretch assignments and growth opportunities
- Confidence under pressure especially within tight timelines
- A growth mindset
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.