|Job Type:||Full Time|
Technology enhances your life - your job should too. We firmly believe this within the Microsoft Stores organization. We are the face of Microsoft’s cutting-edge devices and services, designed to provide customers - consumer and commercial - with world-class products and experiences.
The Microsoft Store has become one of the largest worldwide retailers of Microsoft products and is poised for significant growth in the next five years. To fuel our continued growth, we are seeking a Category Manager who will support the PC & PC Accessories business and report to the Category Management Lead for 3rd Party Products. This individual will help run the day-to-day operations and lead all category execution, including assortment setup, promo creation and weekly reporting.
If you are someone who enjoys making data driven decisions, staying up-to-date on the latest trends in the consumer electronics industry, and thrives in a highly collaborative and customer-obsessed environment, then the Microsoft Stores Category Management Team is the right place for you!
What our team offers:
At our core, we are a team that encourages a diverse & inclusive culture. We are respectful, collaborative, honest, accountable, and caring. The right candidate can expect to have opportunities to grow their own experience and career while influencing our internal and external product and component suppliers on what Microsoft brings to market in the hardware space.
What I’ll do for you:
- Support who you are as your authentic self.
- Make career development a consistent priority.
- Celebrate your wins and recognize your accomplishments.
- Help you gain new experiences and build upon your strengths.
- Coach you to work on your areas of improvement.
How you can make an impact:
- Deliver on annual and quarterly revenue and gross margin commitments.
- Utilize your data analysis skills to help improve our assortment strategy, in-season promotional plans and vendor funding collection process.
- Lead strategic projects that increase category profitability and/or improve operational efficiencies for the broader Category Management Team.
- Own the 1st and 3rd Party PC Accessories assortment. Partner with internal product marketing groups to bring new and innovative hardware to market.
- Foster a culture of inclusion as you engage in cross-functional meetings and interact with colleagues outside of Stores.
- Assortment Management: Manage the product lifecycle of every sku, from item creation to end-of-life. Help execute against the strategy determined by the Category Manager for PC & PCA, which includes digital optimization initiatives such as site discoverability and product-detail-page accuracy.
- Price & Promotion Management: Maintain the category promotional calendar and setup all promotions and temporary price reductions. Keep up-to-date on market pricing and ensure Microsoft is always competitive.
- P&L Management: Own all vendor funding analysis and collection, which directly contributes to the category profitability and net margin. Partner with external stakeholders and finance leaders to validate funding versus forecast.
- Data Analysis: Conduct competitive analysis and trend research to help the Category Manager make informed and data-driven assortment and pricing decisions.
- Collaboration: Participate in weekly supplier calls and help facilitate internal and external meetings. Coordinate with external partners to gather item setup files and promotion term sheets.
- 1-2 years of experience making data driven decisions.
- Proven determination and work ethic
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enjoys telling stories through data
- Passionate about product
- Great communicator
- Intellectual curiosity
- Drives for results with integrity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.