|Job Type:||Full Time|
Studio Alpha is Microsoft’s Serious Gaming initiative. We empower organizations to solve complex planet-scale massive data problems using simulation and artificial intelligence run in the Cloud, visualized using Gaming Technology.
We’re pushing boundaries by applying the latest in gaming technology to our growing Azure cloud capabilities. Be part of an exciting new business start-up and help us expand our industry leading cloud and AI expertise into new sectors.
We are looking for a Developer who has a passion and proven track record in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), along with a desire to work on leading edge of game and simulation technology to enable better decision making for real-world, global scale problems.
Successful candidate for this role will have a passion for creating global scale GIS game development experiences and world-class software engineering skills. You will be a key team member for building a new type of gaming-based experience leveraging Microsoft Gaming and Cloud technologies. You will be responsible for applying geospatial solutions to customer problems by developing systems that ingest, store, process and serve a wide variety of geospatialdata. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of a brand-new capability, collaborating with industry leading cloud, game studio and game services leaders across Microsoft. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software and excel at communicating effectively within a growing organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in working with GIS and satellite imagery with expertise in vector and raster datasets for runtime rendering.
- 1+ shipped game titles and/or GIS products.
- 2+ years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed and/or cloud applications.
- Understanding of software development processes and product management methodologies.
- Experience handling large scale Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), spatial analysis, location intelligence or graphics datasets.
- Knowledge and experience in using geometric processing tools and libraries such as ESRI ArcGIS, GEO/PostGIS, CGAL, GDAL, PDAL, Boost.Geometry or similar.
- Knowledge about projections, coordinate systems, georeferencing, map publishing using server architecture and modelling.
- Strong mathematical skills and experience designing and deploying end-to-end geospatial pipelines.
- Capable of quick prototyping and rapid iteration to ‘fail fast’ while solving problems of high technical complexity and scale in game development context.
- Strong collaborator with a growth mindset.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country.