|Job Type:||Full Time|
Commercial cloud technology is the leading growth area for the Microsoft. To support this fast-growing business, the Integrated Marketing Team is looking for a Blog and Social Media Director of Operations to oversee 22 marketing blogs and 100 social media engines across Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, Power Platform, and Teams. These businesses are rapidly accelerating in the marketplace. This team plays a significant role in that growth including publishing major announcements and thought leadership content, supporting customers across their decision-making journey by amplifying content that provides value to both the customer and the business, and building fans through engagement and customer support. An ideal candidate is energized by the scope and scale of this position and the need for vision setting, fast decision making and delivering breakthrough blog and social experiences in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
The key disciplines on this team are built to operate like engines, supporting an increasingly large business with various and diverse technologies and audiences. You will run the blog and social ecosystem, which serves over 20M followers across blogs, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and others, supporting the highest priorities across the business.
This person will manage a team of full-time seasoned blog/social media professionals and agency vendors in the United States and in Ireland. The ideal candidate will drive organizational rigor and ecosystem strategy to ensure our social and blog engines deliver on business objectives. This individual will also partner with other social media directors across the Microsoft ecosystem, as well as product marketing, campaign, brand, PR, events, customer support in the creation and sharing of blogging and social media best practices.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned enterprise social media strategist and doer who can see the landscape at 50,000 feet but is not afraid to dive into the details to drive clarity across an interdependent team. This person is also business and tool savvy and looks for opportunities to increase efficiencies across costs and production while maintain the standards of a Fortune 50 organization. There is no playbook for running the scale our team runs. We create the playbook day and by, and we need a leader who brings:
- Social media acumen – understands platform functionality and leverages connections among social media platform to unblock roadblocks when necessary.
- Strategy planning – drives ecosystem strategy and lands these successfully at the general manager and CVP level.
- People management – attracts and develops exceptional talent and creates an environment where people do great work.
- Enterprise-minded – influences across organizational boundaries and brings people together to solve big problems.
- Champions process – creates a vision to drive operational excellence and leads team in the effective and efficient execution of such processes.
- Oversee the governance of the blog and social media ecosystem (brand compliance, accessibility standards, platform security, customer data privacy, etc.)
- Supervise editorial management team, which is responsible for providing editorial support to authors, creating editorial plans, and managing our YouTube properties.
- Set the vision for the creation of compelling social copy and creative production across different platforms that may have different objectives and ensures team is delivering upon goals and objectives.
- Build fan engagement models and technical triage protocols to drive engagement and positive sentiment and ensures agency partners are executing upon plans.
- Lead the analytics team in the creation of monthly reports that include performance analytics as well as competitive analysis.
- Build and maintains strong relationship with partnering teams to support prioritization and execution of priority initiatives.
- 10+ years’ practical experience in a global enterprise social media environment or global agency in the field of social media, brand, or PR.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or related fields. MBA preferred.
- People management experience leading teams of 60+
- Proven track-record in delivering strategic recommendations for senior leaders in Fortune 100 companies.
- Subject matter expertise in the use of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, TikTok, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, etc.).
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively, while maintaining great attention to detail.
Experience building highly collaborative relationships with a diverse range of partners.
- Ability to handle high volumes of stress and tight deadlines while working remotely.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.