|Location:||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Never before have information, analytics, and artificial intelligence been so important to business success. That momentum is matched with Microsoft’s industry leadership and investment in empowering business transformation. For Microsoft, the Services organization leads delivery of leading edge solutions in Data and AI and this role, Delivery Data Scientist, is a Technical leadership role supporting key projects and customers on their transformation strategy.
In a nutshell, this job is part of a small world-wide team of experienced Delivery Data Scientists chartered to lead the analytic journey for complex customer programs, deliver outcomes using the latest technology, and creates an effective and collaborative community of Data Scientists in Microsoft. As AI transforms business and customers embed more and more analytics into workflow, this role is far more ‘innovate and incubate’ on behalf of customer’s interests’ than steady state. It requires agility, scientific thinking, and a wealth of curiosity. This is truly a chance to shape an industry.
The role of the Delivery Data Scientist is to lead the customers analytic journey, creating strategies to realize both the customers digital transformation and our AI vision as a company.
There will be relentless customer-driven focus on business outcomes, collaboration, rock solid solutions that scale, and contribution towards driving the success of other Data Scientists. You will be measured on outcomes, not hours, in those four areas.
We win and deliver projects and programs that are part of business transformation. It may be a deep neural net, advice on how the customer should establish and organize their DS team or charting their analytic roadmap. This drives revenue. These are significant projects with customers that consistently push the edge of scalability, architecture, delivery pace, and business value.
We collaborate within the team of information architects, business architects and delivery data scientists. We collaborate across Microsoft with delivery consultants, sales teams, product teams, and Microsoft research. What you share, how you leverage the work of others, and how you shape the careers and skills of others are all measurements of collaboration. This role will have a pre-sales focus and candidate will be expected to help design solution strategy with non-data scientists in the organization and understand the sales process thoroughly.
It is expected that part of delivery is distillation of emerging patterns that can then be scaled worldwide. It is also expected you will be the conduit for teams, such as the product teams and executives, that rely on candid feedback regarding new scenarios.
The job assumes a foundation of core data science skills enriched with curiosity, delivery experience in commercial environments, great customer and communication skills, and the experience to lead and mentor less experienced consultants. More specifically:
- Deep understanding about Cloud architecture
- Azure ML products
- Experience consulting delivery work streams in projects, including the awareness of operationalizing a solution in production
- Strong demonstrated consulting skills
- Experience leading presales conversations, presentations, and customer workshops
- Must have 2+ years of industry experience working in quantitative field
- Prior consulting experience (internal/external) is a must
The Data Scientist must have training and/or skills in the following:
- Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience in software industry preferred or a Ph.D. is preferred. We find people with applied experience in a field with very large and complex data sets such as Biology, Physics, or Social Sciences do well.
- Experience with at least one of the ML related technologies (SAS, SPSS, RevR, Azure ML, MapR)
- Demonstrated leadership in DS overall workflow and methodology supporting the need to move systems into production and support.
- Working knowledge of emerging domains such as CNTK, deep learning, and distributed analytics on edge.
- Experience in data prep with industry standard tools like R, Python, etc. and with Visualization tools (SAP, QlikView, PowerBI, etc )
Additionally, experience in any of the following will be considered favorably:
- Industry Experience
- Familiarity with AWS or the Microsoft Azure platforms
- Consulting experience
Travel up to 50% is an expectation of this position as the needs of our customers and business demand.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.