|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
Immersive digital experiences envelop people and blur the lines between what is real and what is virtual. For audio immersion, technologies such as spatial audio and virtual acoustics provide the tools that when applied to augmented and virtual reality experiences give critical cues that humans use to locate and experience virtual content.
Microsoft's investments in immersive audio are advancing the state of the art in spatial audio and acoustics. Through tight collaboration between research and product development, Microsoft has demonstrated a strong leadership in the industry for both publishing research papers as well as integrating the latest immersive audio technology into innovative products such as HoloLens, Windows Mixed Realty and video games.
Join Mixed Reality and help create the future of Microsoft’s hardware and software businesses. For this opening, we are looking for an DSP Software Engineer. The candidate must have demonstrable experience implementing algorithms for real-time signal processing. He or she will work with a multi-interdisciplinary team in applied research and product incubation, with the goal of creating the next generation of devices and user experiences.
- C and C++ software development
- Algorithm development and analysis
- Real-time processing with architecture-specific optimizations for CPUs, GPUs or DSPs
- Understanding of silicon architecture and how high-level language primitives relate to data bandwidth, processing latency and instruction set
- Fundamentals of signal processing theory (e.g., discrete time signal processing, frequency domain processing, linear filters)
- Fundamentals of matrix linear algebra (e.g., vector spaces, linear systems, matrix decompositions)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Exceptional candidates with a proven track record of innovation will be considered irrespective of education history.
- Highly desired experience in one or more of the following
- Cross-platform C++ development
- Embedded software/firmware development
- Prototyping in MATLAB or Python
- Audio DSP algorithm design from first principles
- Audio DSP algorithms (e.g., spatial audio, reverberation, beamforming, sound source localization, echo cancellation, noise reduction, blind source separation)
- Excellent collaboration skills with researchers and other product development teams.
- The ability to clearly communicate what work you have done, why it was important, and how it was different from other projects.
- A strong drive to experiment, prototype and improve upon ideas, as well as building and shipping them.
- Ability to work in ambiguous uncharted areas and having the experience, creativity and technical depth to identify technical gaps, acquire missing information, align requirements and pick the right direction.
Cloud Screen Requirement
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.