|Location:||Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE Connectivity we thrive when our people thrive. The executive assistant (EA) to the Americas Leadership Team is the supportive force that empowers our senior management. The EA is a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. He/She has previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties and providing support to management. Given the changing nature of the executive landscape, TE Connectivity relies on our assistants for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to high-level systems and operations.
- With a primary responsibility of supporting the VP&GM Americas, provide support to the executive team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support to the highest-ranking executives company-wide, coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow
- Manage communication between upper management and employees, liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the senior executives’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for VP&GM Americas, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to senior management
- Manage, coordinate, and arrange senior management’ travel and travel-related activities, including hotel booking, transportation, and meal coordination, expense claims
- Perform administrative and office support, such as spreadsheet creation, emailing, and maintenance of filing system and contact database
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- Organize team communications and plan events, both internally and offsite
- Stationery and IT equipment ordering via SAP, invoice handling
- Contact person for all general internal TE visitors and external callers
- Set up comprehensive onboarding plans for new ALT and key leadership positions (Band 5 and above) incl. IT set up and co-op with Facilities or other new joiners
- Prepare purchasing requisitions for the management team and staff using the internal purchase order system (SAP)
- Support the filling of expenses; organize office and files
- Provide overall office administration; ensure supplies & equip are available & maintained
- Assist and provide coverage for other administrative assistants as needed
Key Experience & Skills
- 4 years experience in administrative role reporting directly to upper management
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidences
- Good Judement: ability to make sound decisions without much supervision. Ability to recognize problems and refer to them immediately to the right person for resolution. Ability to understand logic, reasoning, mathematical methods and statistics to determine the strength and weakness of solutions of problems. Ability to find common threads among unrelated events to draw conclusions about potential issues.
- Team Player: ability to establish and maintain good work relationships across all level of the organization and external stakeholders. See themselves as partner of the leadership team and therefore contributing to their success.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.