Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Discover has grown to become one of the top five direct banks in the United States since its founding in 1986, and today is well positioned to pursue its vision to be the leading direct bank and payments partner. The company issues the Discover card and is a leader in other banking products that include private student loans, personal and home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, as well as certificates of deposit. It also operates the Discover Global Network, which is comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world.
Discover’s performance is driven by 18,000+ employees who are united by shared values and who are committed to making a difference every day for our customers, owners, communities and one another. Thanks to these employees, Discover receives awards and recognition year-in and year-out for innovative products and features, workplace quality, corporate citizenship, and for providing an industry leading customer experience based on 100% U.S.-based customer service.
Discover offers a wide suite of Credit Cards, including Discover it Cashback, Discover it Miles, Discover it Student, Discover it Secured, and Discover it Business card. Discover also has an industry leading Rewards platform, including 5% Cashback bonus, Cashback Match, and redemption options such as Paying the credit card bill, Partner gift cards, donation to charity, Shop with points at Amazon and Pay with rewards at PayPal.
We are looking for a Product Marketing leader who is knowledgeable and passionate about consumer products, specifically for messaging ecosystems and communications. This role will lead a team of marketers who drive the growth of credit card products by partnering with channel marketers in customer acquisition and retention. The ideal candidate will have marketing experience in leveraging an understanding of industry competitive landscape and consumer trends, to develop a communication strategy. She or he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, by developing and executing against marketing plans. Excellent communication and analytical skills, and comfort with ambiguity are a must.
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the market internally with Product Management and Technology, with a focus on Messaging and Customer communications
- Develop product positioning, messaging and communications strategy in order to successfully build product awareness, and drive product growth
- Partner effectively with Product Management and Channel Marketing to lead world-class product marketing communications for credit card products
- Communicate the value proposition of products to all go-to-market teams and ensure that effective marketing support materials are created
- Create marketing activities to support cross-sell, broad market and partnership programs across a variety of marketing channels
- Follow necessary controls, policies, procedures, business rules, and reports to ensure that product promises are delivered. Ensure effective control of marketing results and takes corrective actions to meet marketing objectives and requirements.
- Coach and leads employees. Provide feedback and direction on both marketing strategies and leadership behaviors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering. Master’s degree highly preferred.
- 10+ years marketing or product management, with experience leading teams in a management capacity. Financial services industry experience is a plus
- Experience working in a product marketing capacity (partnered closely with product management to represent market requirements and with customer acquisition teams to drive growth)
- Able to capably handle numerous, complex decisions simultaneously, across multiple teams, and cultures
- Experience synthesizing analysis (campaign metrics, market research findings, etc.) and communicating concepts and collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to drive projects and results and to execute responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for both small and large audiences as well as executive level.
- Proven ability to influence and secure organizational buy-in.
- Track record as a trusted advisor and business partner - driving business insights, actions, and accountability, with a customer first attitude
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.