|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Product Manager will manage all aspects of a product line, from driving new product development to manufacturing to pricing to marketing. Manages all aspects of a regional product line or portfolio, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing and sales. Responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and gross (or standard) margin targets.
What you will be doing:
Market Sensing & Strategy Development:
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment –specific value propositions that beat the competition
- Develop product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
- Design go to market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements
- Manage the product lifecycle
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
Product Development & Launch:
- Be the opportunity champion for PAC projects
- Plan product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP
- Enable sales to promote product line via sales training sessions
- Develop collateral materials that help articulate the value proposition.
- Manage special price requests
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio
- Collaborate with Global community to execute product strategy
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals.
- Build consensus on specific tasks
- Establish pricing policy
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to execute product plan, improve functionality, process improvements and manufacturing strategy suitable for the product
- Deliver sustained profitable growth
What your background should look like:
- 5+ years of product management or sales experience, additional MBA preferred
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
- Strong business acumen, good commercial and process understanding
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship thinking
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities
- Excellent relationship and communication skills & building effective teams
- Ability to work deadlines and challenging targets
- 10% domestic and international travel
About TE Connectivity
<span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups