|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
As part of the Business Application Services (BAS) Team accountable for SAP at Microsoft, our employees make global impact on millions of customers and thousands of employees who use mission-critical ERP software and services.
Microsoft is transitioning to a cloud-first world. Microsoft Core Service Engineering is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions aligning to this strategy on a global scale for Microsoft’s customers, partners, and our employees. We have exciting opportunities for Software Engineers who are passionate about driving world class engineering solutions for the SAP Online/RMCA team and collaborate with SAP on the future direction.
As part of the SAP team, you will be involved in designing and configuring the business requirements & features that enable our mission critical business partners. You will work closely with our business, operations, and product engineering teams, as well as within IT to help enable new business scenarios and manage SAP scenarios. At the same time, you’ll learn to enable flexible and high-performing Business Process Monitoring Solutions, automated testing solutions and other cutting-edge engineering services with modern engineering tools and applications that enable service health. This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - where Software Engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale. It is a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic and mission critical to Microsoft!
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is centered at the customer experience. These positions require strong collaboration and teamwork across teams and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services that delight the customer.
As a Sen. Software Engineer you will drive SAP solutions for specific Microsoft business groups, implementing functionality as close to SAP standard as possible.
Your ability to be a functional and technical leader, focus on service health first, and be part of a team that tears down silos to deliver the best service experience will be critical to your success, along with the teams.
The SAP team has multiple roles across a variety of modules and expertise, including:
- FI Finance
- CO Controlling
- AC Accounting
- EC Enterprise Controlling
- CO-PA Profitability Analysis
- TR Treasury
- IHC In-House Cash
- FI-CA Contract Accounting
- AR Accounts Receivable
- FSCM Financial Supply Chain Management
- RAR Revenue Accounting and Recognition
- BIS Business Integrity Screening, Trade Screening
- MM Material Management and Procurement
- AP, GL, Intercompany, Banks, Bank Statements, Product Costing, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Disputes, Collections, Credits,
RMCA aka Online
- RM-CA Receivables Management Contract Accounting
- CI Convergent Invoicing
- CC Convergent Charging
- BL Direct Billing
- RT Rating
- CM Convergent Mediation
- SD Sales and Distribution
- FI-CA Contract Accounting
- RAR Revenue Accounting and Recognition
- RAR Integration
- BRF+ Business Rules Framework
- IS-T Industry Solutions Telecommunications,
Professional Services aka Enterprise Services
- PS Project System
- CPM Commercial Project Management
- PPM Project Portfolio Management
- RRB Resource Related Billing
- FSB Flexible Solution Billing
- RM Resource Management
- MRS Multi Resource Scheduling
- BW-IP Business Warehouse BW Integrated Planning
- WAM Workforce Authorization Management
- CaTs or CATS Cross Application Timesheets
- Professional Services, Consulting Services, AO Workbook
- Collaborate continuously with a global team of Program Managers, Software Engineering, and our Business Users and stakeholders to clearly articulate business outcomes and objectives, and to define KPIs and measure reliability, availability and performance of our services including internal services and external integrations.
- Collaboration with Program Management: work on demand intake and prioritization with business and partners, coordinate work estimation, project planning and execution, risk mitigation and communication for service delivery
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture, Dev, Test, and support teams in analyzing requirements, proposing designs and implementation architecture, developing user stories and features, and driving the designs to completion with the feature team to meet business outcomes and objectives
- Engage partner engineering leads and business partners, effectively building a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with these teams through consistent on-time, on-budget and high-quality delivery
- Build and operate the services and capabilities in an agile SAP Devops Environment
- Be Compliant and ensure team’s activities adhere to strict SOX controls
- Work with fellow team members in the Scrum Agile Framework, its related Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), and contribute to the engineering team working through agile development and release cycles
- Responsible for the execution and adherence of Software Engineering Standards
- Accountable for the documentation and retention of critical intellectual property
- Foster proactive and cooperative relationships within the project/feature team
- Support production deployments/solutions via established DevOps model/escalation framework
- Exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining flexible and scalable solutions
- Analyze applications and make necessary changes to optimize solutions
- Assist with the creation of project plans and accurately analyze and estimate work/time required to complete tasks
- Regularly review backlog and groom user stories and participate in various sprint ceremonies
- Participate and actively contribute to the creation of new guidelines and procedures
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 6 years’ minimum experience with SAP ERP experience
- US Citizenship
- 8+ years of hands-on SAP ERP Implementation experience with large scale projects for enterprise businesses in one or more specific SAP Modules
- 5+ years of experience working in a large-scale organization driving collaboration across multiple disciplines and teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to simplify and drive clarity
- Strong collaboration skills
- 5+ years of experience working with a metrics-driven mindset, ability to experiment, learn and improve
- 5+ years of experience working with complex engineering problems and solve these with
- Experience working in an agile organization developing highly integrated and high-volume solutions
- Excellent understanding of software engineering best practices, including service health capabilities
- Understanding of SAP and Microsoft integration technologies
- Understanding of software lifecycle methodology and information systems development and support with deep live-site and problem-solving experience
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed, fast-paced, multiple initiatives environment
- Experience with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: Waterfall, SCRUM, SAFe, or other agile methodologies
- Infrequent travel may be required
- Experience in SAP ABAP or Programming
- Experience working within teams engaged in a global delivery model
- Enterprise IT experience, preferably with Enterprise Resource Planning packages
- SAP S/4 HANA experience
- Inherently curious, energized by large challenges, and interested in making a significant impact on a globally scaled business
- Some experience developing industry standard algorithms applicable to analyzing current business service behavior through telemetry
- Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations, adherence to SLAs and constraints in a service, including cost-based metrics (cost per transaction/user etc.)
- Some experience developing standards in translating customer and technical requirements into service architecture to meet Quality of Service Expectations
- PMP Certification
- Previous Experience with Microsoft Technologies; SQL Server, IIS, BizTalk, C#
- Practical experience with SAFE Agile delivery methodology (Scaled Agile Framework)
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Virtual interview day on Wednesday, January 27th, 2021. Position specifics, including hiring team, location, and position details will be determined following the interview process.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.