|Job Type:||Full Time|
The US One Commercial Partner Technical (OCP) team is uniquely positioned to deliver transformational app experiences that drive the ecosystem through our partners. We have a tremendous opportunity for a talented, highly technical individual who is not only an expert in building great solutions but loves helping other companies to do the same. Is this you?
This role is reporting into an ISV Industry team. Your role as a Partner Technology Strategist (PTS) will be to ensure our ISVs are successful in delivering great solutions to their customers. You’ll focus on Azure/Cloud, but will also leverage your knowledge of developing for client technologies (Windows, Office, Mobile) to help our partners thrive in a “mobile first, cloud-first world”. The PTS is a technical partner-facing role accountable for the end-to-end technical roadmap, planning and architecture reviews. You will own technical partner engagements by leading Envisioning Sessions, Architecture Design Sessions (ADS), and Proof of Concepts (POC) while also providing leadership oversight and technical guidance through app development, testing and delivery into the market.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer and/or partner-facing roles and have demonstrated success leading technical and economic value discussions with executives and senior technical decision makers, driving key decisions and implementation strategies. Candidates need to possess the ability to impact and influence customers and partners with a high degree of autonomy, energy, flexibility and the drive to create real and measurable business results.
- Establish trusted CXO relationships; manage, accelerate and lead technical commitment and transformation
- Build partner technical skills, capacity, and Partner Technology Solutions Roadmap to deliver apps, practices, and hosting built on and committed to the MS platform.
- Grow MS ecosystem of managed partner portfolio driving apps, practices, hosting availability in the US and globally (measured by consumption, usage, adoption)
- Develop and mature relationships across organizational boundaries to bring the right technical, sales and go to market resources to enable the partner's success
- 5+ years design, implementation and/or support of Azure/Cloud with strong architectural skills to ensure availability, reliability, etc.
- Technical Depth in Cloud/Azure technologies
- Ability to demonstrate technical thought leadership in customer-facing situations
- Technical Breadth across all Solution Areas and Project Management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication; including extraordinary presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both small and large audiences
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively and resolving conflicts with consistent and reliable follow through
- Minimum bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience. Preferred candidates will possess one or more Microsoft Azure certifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.