|Location:||Raleigh, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As a part of that, we are expanding our US East Coast presence and seeking a motivated and intellectually curious Engineering Site Business Manager for the Raleigh Engineering organizations to drive impact at scale, advocate a One Microsoft mindset, and serve as a champion for our employees in the Raleigh, North Carolina region. This is a unique career opportunity for a business manager that combines technical capability, business insights, internal/external marketing, and leadership in employee experience.
This role will shape Microsoft’s engineering engagement strategy and the experience of our employees in the Raleigh regional area. This is a career opportunity that combines technical capabilities with business insights. The Engineering Site Business Manager will develop and implement strategic plans and manage budgets for:
(1) Internal employee experience and engagement across all engineering teams and roles: including employee education programs, local training for engineering disciplines, distinguished guest speaker series, and executive speakers series, supporting internal Microsoft programs (such as annual Give campaign, learning & development, etc.),
(2) External community engagement to represent all engineering teams in the Raleigh regional community: including engagement with local/regional non-profits, hackathons, meetups, conferences, local university engagement and partnerships, open houses, oversight and participation in social media, and expanded STEM pipeline w/ local universities and schools,
(3) Connecting with regional engineering talent through events and partnerships to grow the front-of-funnel, including leading events to connect with prospective candidates and raise awareness of Microsoft engineering opportunities.
This position reports to the Engineering Site Leader and partners closely with local engineering leaders, corporate stakeholders, human resources, recruiting, and others. This person will partner with the Site Leader and Governance Council to help define and deliver a plan for engaging the local ecosystems and shaping an culture of growth and community connections. The Site Business Manager will manage and lead a small operations team in support of this work.We seek a highly resourceful, self-driven individual with the ability to partner, execute, and lead through influence. Our ideal candidate leads by example, has sound business judgement and problem-solving expertise, and cares deeply about creating a vibrant and inclusive work environment for all.
- Support and maintain rhythm of the business (RoB) that drives execution of core priorities and encourages best practice sharing with other Microsoft engineering regions
- Support and participate in strategic initiatives or cross-group projects contributing to the overall strategy. Create and implement accurate plans. Develop success metrics and communication approach for these initiatives and projects
- Partner with corporate communications and local teams to deliver on an internal communication (meetings, presentations, milestones, etc.) and external communication (university engagement, customer, partner, PR, etc.) strategy that reinforces Microsoft’s values, brand, and presence in the Raleigh area
- Partner with leaders, HR, and D&I champs to shape and influence a positive, inclusive, and innovative culture in the Raleigh area
- Maintain relationships with peers outside the team to ensure strong cross-group collaboration
- Manage the site budget in collaboration with finance and budget stakeholders
- Serve as strategic advisor to the Governance Council and leaders in the region
- A growth mindset with experience dealing with ambiguity, creating vision and solutions
- Ability to work with a variety of people across the organization, including senior leaders, individual contributors and support staffRequired Qualifications:
- 5-7 years business program management, business operations, engineering lead, finance, or in a technical advisor role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Organization Development, Business Management or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Strong people management skills with 4+ years of experience as people manager.
- Experience managing budgets including projections and actuals
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Resides in the Raleigh, NC region
MICROSOFT BACKGROUND CHECK:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.