|Job Type:||Full Time|
Make a difference in the Internal Hiring experience.
Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) hires talent to empower Microsoft and to accelerate Microsoft’s cultural transformation with each hire we make. We work in the center of Excellence within GTA, supporting the recruiting function with global programs, practices, processes, and policies.
Approximately half of all candidates are internal employees who are looking for their opportunity to learn and grow within Microsoft. The experience employees have in the Internal Hiring process influences retention, satisfaction, and perceptions of the company and the company’s culture.
The Internal Hiring Program Manager drives programmatic enhancements to create an experience of clarity, transparency, and closure for employees in the internal hiring experience. Spanning across philosophy, behaviors, policy, process, and capability, the Internal Hiring PM drives end to end improvements on the internal hiring experience.
In the Internal Hiring Program Manager role, you will:
- Manage the internal hiring program and strategy from end to end. Using project management methodology to accomplish your work, moving through the stages of strategize, design, plan, implement, and stabilize to accomplish your work, and utilizing data and insights to inform program strategy and roadmap.
- Demonstrate customer obsession by developing systematic ways to tap into the entire listening system ecosystem to understand the voice of the customer in order to effectively achieve program objectives: internal candidates, hiring managers, interviewers, recruiters and various partners across HR.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships by collaborating with stakeholders across HR and the business to break down organizational boundaries in order to work together as One Microsoft.
- Identify, design and implement internal hiring process changes to create clarity, transparency and closure for all stakeholders in the internal hiring experience.
- Continuously identify gaps and innovate, test, and monitor to make improvements.
- Build and execute thoughtful change management plans to communicate, control and affect change across broad audiences within recruiting, HR, and hiring managers/interviewers.
Center of Excellence (CoE) Services
- Center of Excellence (CoE) Management - You lead the planning and prioritization of Center of Excellence (CoE) programs across a business/geography; you lead the intake and ongoing adoption of programs by designing processes, tools, and/or policies that can be operationalized and managed at scale; you ensure that regional perspectives are incorporated into the design and implementation of HR programs in partnership with regional operational managers.
- Program Readiness - You lead the operation of Center of Excellence (CoE) programs across a business/geography; you may establish the roadmap for an HR program and sequences releases when resources are limited; you ensure program readiness in partnership with peer HR disciplines (e.g., HR Shared Services Support, HR Consulting).
- Tool and Process Feedback - You oversee the process of gathering and prioritizing tool and process feedback from key operational stakeholders in partnership with program subject matter experts, vendors, and Engineering partners; you drive the identification of efficiencies and process improvements for large-scale or high-stakes HR programs.
- Data Handling - You identify gaps in data handling and responses to data subject requests (DSRs); you consult with legal or compliance advisers (e.g., CELA or external regulators) regarding the proper disposition of any given DSR and data stewardship (i.e., documentation, classification, and compliance) or other processes involving regulations with high scrutiny and compliance; you conduct data privacy reviews.
- Operational Best Practices - You lead the internal audit issue remediation and deliver new controls to address gaps; you consult on action plans in a structured manner; you partner with Corporate Services Engineering (CSE) to implement IT interface controls and assess the need to onboard business data validation controls.
- Operations Management - You lead the development of business cases; you partner with program owners to identify gaps in policies and procedures; you oversee audits for process and operating procedure documentation to ensure it is effective and in place at all times; you ensure business continuity is established and maintained.
- Risk Assessment - You drive formal risk assessments with HR stakeholders at the global, regional, and local level to identify, assess, and evaluate risks; you make recommendations to address risks and non-compliance; you design and monitor a risk register to centrally track HR compliance risks, trends, and action plans to address risks.
- HR Program Requirements and Risks - You apply project management methodology to deploy HR programs; you manage the process of requirements gathering; you identify and resolve risks, issues, and barriers in project execution.
- Project Alignment - You create project charter and success criteria for large-scale projects, identify resource needs; you create project plans and lead project team meetings; you track progress and deliverables, risks, and action items; you communicate with relevant stakeholders/project sponsors/steering committee (e.g., business leaders, HR and Engineering partners) about project status and impacts.
- Project Analysis - You lead the operational, infrastructure, and employee support analysis during planning stages of new project proposals; you partner with Support and ask HR leads to pull and analyze data; you interpret data and metrics for stakeholders to influence the management of projects; you maintain or improve existing service levels.
- Business Analysis - You lead business analysis on complex issues through system telemetry; you use system telemetry to understand needs in the context of a program; you drive optimization projects and business decisions aimed at reducing costs and improving quality.
- Process Management - You lead business User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes and integration across multiple global HR system domains, including writing and executing test scenarios and test cases, generating test data, troubleshooting bugs, confirming resolutions, and signing off on the product system readiness for launch; you identify issues and partner with appropriate cross-functional parties to reconcile identified issues.
- System Production Monitoring and Maintenance - You contribute to the development of system production Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by defining end user needs, and lead conversations with senior HR, HRBI, and/or Engineering partners to ensure that appropriate monitoring (i.e., data telemetry and systems) and maintenance is in place.
- Systems Management - You manage global and wide-reaching HR system domains in a focus area and monitor system performance, prioritization of critical or complex issues, coordination of system releases, implementation of release management, and readiness for system changes; you provide an end-to-end view of the employee experience through systems.
- 7+ years of experience in Operations, Compliance, Human Resources, Engineering or related field OR 5+ years of experience in Operations, Compliance, Human Resources, Engineering or related field with Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Program Management Professional Certificate
- Experience with Global Talent Acquisition
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.