|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior PM – Finance Data and Experiences team
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast growing and dynamic team? Do you want to broaden and deepen your understanding of business drivers, challenges, risks and opportunities? Are you passionate about business intelligence and the impact it can have within a large business? If so, this role may be right for you.
The Finance Data and Experiences team is responsible for engineering and operating end-to-end data and experiences platform at scale. This team enables thousands of Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering users (from senior executives to field leaders) to effectively monitor, analyze, and make data-driven decisions on their business.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager who has a proven record of successfully building and supporting products/platforms for business stakeholders. A successful candidate will be comfortable partnering closely with business stakeholders, understanding their business needs and scenarios, translate these into technical specifications and capability requirements, and subsequently work with our engineering team to have these delivered.
The role’s core responsibilities include:
- Architect and design functional, right-sized solutions that meet the agility and scale needs of our business partners and customers.
- Run efficient requirement gathering, technical specification and prioritization discussions resulting in clear roadmaps for engineering development and delivery, documenting this in Azure DevOps.
- Run effective SCRUM or adaptive software development processes to ensure a continuous pipeline of clear and actionable requirements for the development teams.
- Clear Operational and User Support guidelines and requirements to ensure system operations remain within SLA and supportability standards.
- Ownership of all PM related activities including project/sprint management, communications, requirement gathering, support orchestration, executive status updates, business partner relationship management and drive evangelization and education efforts for our owned solutions/tools.
- Develop and implement optimized processes & instrumentation to enable best-in-class customer service.
- Effective partnerships with other BI PM, engineering, data science, and corporate system organization leads to jointly define execution strategies across the different programs’ priorities.
- Collaborate and be a thought leader on data quality assurance processes to ensure high data quality and credibility.
- Help user base maximize the value of our Data solutions through readiness, training and hand-on support.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or computer science is required with advanced degree a strong plus.
- Proven track record of building technical and business relationship with senior executive and helping with growing large and strategic accounts. Proven capability in shipping product enhancements by turning customer requirements into engineering improvements.
- Deep understanding of modern data business driver, and emerging analytics trends.
- Ability to articulate the merit of our offerings, along with the ability to quickly absorb new technologies and go deep in the required focus areas.
- Experience working with engineering community, developing white papers and customer presentations.
- Executive presence, leadership, exceptional communication skills in influencing customers and senior executives.
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value for the customer. Ability to envision customer scenario and its fit in Microsoft Data offerings, with the knowledge to compare / contrasts different technical stack and evangelize with customer for adoption.
- Mix of experience from large scale enterprise software company to a startup.
- Identify, scope and participate in the design and delivery of solutions involving SQL Server (Ex: High end OLTP systems, intelligent data warehouse, analytic fraud detection, risk analysis).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.