|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Global Demand Center (GDC) is the leading go to market effort for our commercial businesses (Apps & Infra, Data & AI, Modern Workplace, Business Apps), generating millions of leads and impacting $ billions of revenue a year. Marketing Platform organization is at the core of GDC’s state-of-the-art marketing technology, ensuring continuous flow of leads along nurture streams and further to sales, their progressive profiling, as well as application of smart algorithms to rationalize and optimize all these processes for better business outcomes. Operational AI team plays a key role in GDC’s marketing platform operations, identifying opportunities, facilitating development and deployment of AI models to enhance all GDC’s revenue engines. It has a direct impact of hundreds of $ millions of incremental revenue. The key connected sales & marketing workstreams currently optimized by the Operational AI team are Lead Management and Account-Based Marketing (ABM), including the AI-driven recommendations for sales. As part of the Operational AI team, you’ll work in one of the hottest areas of current technology landscape – Applied Artificial Intelligence. In this high-impact role you’ll be directly responsible for Operational AI models design & development, ongoing optimization, and adjustments per evolving business needs. You’ll own these models’ codebase, DevOps, coordination of vendor data scientists’ scope of work and delivery, and implementation of best practices in the development process. As our AI models evolve further, expanding to new channels and business scenarios, this role has a lot of room to grow and expand in the future.
- Strategic planning of ML models innovations roadmap that is aligned with GDC’s business priorities and supports its evolving connected marketing & sales motions, expanding AI capabilities to new business scenarios.
- Manage intake and prioritization process for ML models book of work, translate business requirements into data science problems and technical requirements;
- ML model design and agile development in partnership with data providers and data engineering and other data science teams within Microsoft. Coordinate development timelines and manage cross-team dependencies, communicate timelines and updates to business stakeholders.
- Manage external data scientist contractor teams to ensure their smooth and timely delivery, consistently implement Cloud-based ML Ops standards and best practices across all of Operational AI model development projects.
- M.S or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Engineering, or a similar quantitative STEM field
- 5+ years’ experience with statistical, ML or data mining algorithms for solving business problems.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with advanced ML techniques for classification, regression, recommendations, or pattern recognition.
- 3+ years’ Python experience.
- Expert skills in analyzing and troubleshooting complex systems, getting business insights out of data sets across multiple systems. Mastery of Excel, SQL, PowerBI.
- Experience with setting up Data Science projects in Cloud-based data platforms and advanced ML Ops environment.
- 3+ years’ experience leading data science teams, ability to mentor, coach and develop people’s capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure and fast paced environments while communicating clearly and directly with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate data science concepts and insights to a non-technical audience.
- Advanced data visualization skills
- Experience in connected marketing & sales automation
- Azure Machine Learning Service, DataBricks, ADO
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.