|Job Type:||Full Time|
Windows Notification Service is a high-scale service which is the backbone of the notification system at Microsoft with more than half a billion always-connected devices and 20 billion messages flowing through the system on a daily basis. These are exciting, real-time, highly available and massive-scale cloud services that significantly enhance user experience and productivity. Supporting this scale and complexity brings a whole set of challenges and opportunities.
We are looking for creative and diverse thinkers and leaders, people who care about customers, features, and team-work to lead the modernization effort for the Windows Notification Service. We strongly believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, a common purpose, desire to drive innovation, passion for quality and agility, and contributing to others' success are qualities that lead to great impact. You will work with a dedicated team of high-caliber individuals, across different disciplines, who greatly enjoy working together to deliver great experiences to our end users – both internal and external to Microsoft.
If you are passionate about learning new tech, working on high-scale, performant, extensible, and reliable systems, enjoy tough technical challenges and like to be the owner of products that would impact billions of users, this is the place for you. It’s a place to unleash your potential as an innovator and leader. Come to enjoy the thrill of architecting and owning massive-scale cloud services and the rush of developing them with people as passionate as you.
- Drive designs of core features, and support well-informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Work closely with peers and partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist.
- Improve the fundamentals of the platform
- Build prototypes and drive architectural design
- Work cross-team with Azure, Office, Edge, Windows, XBOX, and external partners
- BA/BS degree in CS, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years experience with object oriented programming (.NET, C#, Java, etc.)
- Experience with distributed/high-scale services
- Proven critical thinking, problem-solving, design and coding skills required
- Experience with Azure infrastructure and services
- Proven team-work and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To see all our team’s openings, search for #wxes on our careers page