|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are facing unprecedented growth of Power BI customer base, the complexities of the workloads, continued global expansion, as well as the opportunities and challenges provided by Azure Government Cloud and Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI). We are looking for an Engineer to help develop the next gen of Security Hardware. The Hardware and Security Services Data Intelligence team is accountable for leveraging data and producing insights on the health, performance and happiness of customers using Windows Security hardware including TPM, Secure Launch and Health Attestation to drive the Zero Trust Networking by attesting devices . The hardware platform helps power Azure Government Cloud and Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) environments. The data also helps inform future investments and strategic business decisions for the Hardware security platform. Our larger team also owns Enterprise Security scenarios that include Windows Information Protection, Platform Integrity, Windows Hello/Pin/FaceReco and Bit locker.
Data Driven Engineering is the wave to build the next Billon Dollar business opportunities in our industry. We recently built a large data science & engineering team in the COSINE (Core Operating System and Intelligent Edge) organization to use insights from data to help create the best experiences on our devices, cloud and edge. Hardware and Security Data Intelligence team impact to millions of customers using a whole range of solution areas across all of Microsoft as the platform helps power Azure Government Cloud and Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) environments. Data and Security and Services are very sought after skills in the industry today and this role marries the three of them. Our team includes both data scientists who build ML models and software engineers who are part of the product team that produces product insights. Together the insights help shape product direction and health. We’re hiring for a software engineering position. As part of the software engineering role, the focus will be on:
- Building a data pipeline including adding code to the platform
- Power analysis to determine customer happiness with our scenarios.
- Enable leadership to make strategic decisions on product roadmap and investment
- Power both near real time alerting and deep analytics
- Operationalizing ML models infuse intelligence into the product
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Computer Science or related technical/engineering discipline
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with C, C++ or data processing technologies
- Software and Security Knowledge including Cryptography Technology
- Spark/Scala/Jupyter skills
- Solid SQL/Kusto and Data Analysis skills.
- Visualization with PowerBI
- Strong problem solving, testing and debugging skills
- Good communication and cross-group collaboration skills
- Ability to work both independently and collectively in a fun team environment
- High capacity to learn and adapt to new technologies and engineering processes quickly
- Product engineering experience working on OS components preferred
- Data/Business Analyst or ML related experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.