|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Mountain View, California, New York, New York, Palo Alto, California, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference!
We’re looking for a Director of Partner Strategy to oversee our Azure Data & AI Partner business. You will be an exceptional hands-on thought leader, execution driver, and cross-team collaborator, responsible for defining and strategizing Partner activation and execution for Data & AI . This includes working with Microsoft's One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization to improve, standardize, and accelerate business.
Data and Artificial Intelligence (Data&AI) is one of the most strategic & fastest growing businesses worldwide at Microsoft. In fact, Data & AI represents a massive $138B market opportunity with 80%+ of it coming from on-premise through 2020 ($64B) and Data & AI cloud services representing the remainder ($74B). Given our mission to build THE hyper growth business for the company, there’s never been a more exciting & compelling time to be a part of the Data & AI business at Microsoft!
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and limitless thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
- Drive standardized sales operations & processes for Data & AI's Parter business
- Operating Rhythm and holistic business view
- Drive adoption of standardized tools and reporting
- Support yearly planning/ business architecture
- Own and Drive Culture and Skilling transformation of Data & AI Field leadership and sellers
- Create simplified and consistent seller experience and seller success
- Provide insights so we can coach area performance on growth, customer value, consumption, compete and scaling across segments and partner
- Create impact improving sales execution via operational excellence and data driven targeted guidance internally and in the field
- Create a single point of Data & AI into the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization
- Engage the seller community, leaders and partner leaders to define the Data & AI acceleration opportunities
- Define methodologies to measure impact of the partners on the business, and provide reports on a regular (monthly) basis
- Create a single point of Data & AI compete for the various compete stakeholder teams in the sales organization
- Identify key metrics that help us measure success of our strategy and investments, and develop and implement key business reviews to accelerate present insights:
- Pipeline, net new required, growth/ decline pattern, baseline erosion, optimizing field execution model and drive progress to closure, programs efficacy, success of sales motions, etc.
- Set up the processes that enable the different teams in Data & AI to drive outcomes and insights, including field-to-corp SCRUMs, must-win accounts RoB, and Compete SCRUM, in a coordinated fashion with other team in the Data & AI org
- Support and lead monthly business health discussions and drive followups
- Accountable for the overall enablement strategy and execution to drive cultural and skilling transformation with the field
- Strives for excellence in project and process based work while driving for simplification without compromising outcomes
- Provides increased transparency and integration across all groups
Define operating model for compete , industry , Partner and scale GTM and field landing
Key peer organizations you will partner with to execute on the accountabilities below: all teams in the corp Data & AI org, Field Data & AI Teams, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Partners (OCP/SIs/ISV), SMC, Services, and our Data & AI TimeZone leaders.
- Partner Strategy & Operations: Experience with partner sales, partner recruit, driving joint sales execution, pipeline management, sales measurement, and rollout
- Structured Thinking: Clearly outline and present complex concepts, thoughts and ideas
- Judgment: Track record of combining data-driven analysis and experience to provide quality decisions / proposals, actionable strategic insights for complex problems
- Adaptability: Ability to handle change, juggle multiple demands, and adapt to new situations with fresh ideas or innovative approaches
- Cross-group collaborator: Demonstrate empathy and generate positive energy when solving complex problems in v-teams
- Influence: Proven ability to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, as well as to influence decision makers, influencers, and peers external stakeholders (partners, customers)
- Excellent Communicator: Strong negotiation, presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Sales Operational Management: proficiency with financials, pipeline, scorecard, and other internal measurement tools. Experience and deep knowledge within Sales Excellence, Business Planning, Sales Operations, and/or Finance
- Executive exposure: ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders, and build strong relationships with senior managers and executives
- Innovate: provide process optimization by understanding the desired business outcome and deliver standards which enable speed, efficiency, and scale in the business
- Business Results accountability: experience in roles that had primary accountability for business results including revenue targets and KPI execution
- Data & AI domain expertise
Location: anywhere in the United States
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.