|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mojang Studios, creators of Minecraft, has a purpose to build a better world through the power of play, and we’re committed to inspiring generations of game changers through our work. With over 200 million copies sold and more than 100 million players each month, Minecraft inspires a passionate community to create amazing thingstogether. In addition to being one of the most-widely played games of all time and most-watched game on YouTube, Minecraft is also increasingly used in classrooms to support learning across a wide range of subjects.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help design and implement our vision to unify our community of players on PCs to play our gamesundera single experience. Come help bring that experience to our players and have fun doing it!
- Be the primary developer onthe MinecraftLauncher's core platform
- Help define the Launcher experience that addresses franchise priorities, the needs of our game teams, and external commitments
- Collaborate with Launcher front-end developers to implement the experience
- Create well-tested, extensible, secure, performant code that is beautifully architected and a pleasure to maintain
- Communicate status of work items to engineering lead(s) and non-technical stakeholders
- Estimate engineering effort required for new work items
- Participate in an agile development processes, with stand-ups, planning, and retrospectives
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with C++11, Standard Template Library (STL), and CEF
- Experience developing client/server applications on Windows and Linux
- Experience with docker and/or WSL/Ubuntu is preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in cross-team collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to set a clear path and follow it despite obstacles
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.