|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft HoloLens's Technical Program Management team is looking for a Senior Hardware Engineering Program Manager in Mountain View, CA to drive system builds and factory support to deliver world class products.
HoloLens continues to innovate and develop ground-breaking augmented reality devices and innovative technology across computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and image and video processing, networking and graphics.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- Drive ramp planning and execution needed for product launches in a contract manufacturing product model.
- Define and drive capital planning, supply chain planning and material risk buy processes needed to deliver operational readiness and product delivery.
- Identify, document, communicate and manage risks associated with meeting technical and operational targets for Tier 1 and sub-Tier assemblies and sub-systems.
- Manage and drive readiness, including BOM, equipment, resources and daily progress or yield reporting plan for builds during the launch phase.
- Drive transition of operational responsibilities to the Sustaining Operations team after achieving launch targets.
- Interact comfortably with senior management at contract manufacturers and internally and demonstrate ability to communicate and present to all levels of management.
- Up to 25% travel to domestic and overseas vendor and factory sites is required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Experience and knowledge of consumer product development, new product introduction and launch process.
- 4+ years work experience in manufacturing related program management, operations management, manufacturing engineering and/ or manufacturing process development.
- Supplier management experience with demonstrated advanced level of knowledge in manufacturing disciplines (system assembly, mechanical components, product test).
- Strong communication skills are a must, with ability to integrate information from multiple teams, escalating issues at the right time/ level and ability to bring the teams together to resolve issues in a productive manner.
- Experience working with offshore manufacturing partners and suppliers.
- Experience in various roles in hardware product launch.
Background Check Requirements
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
"This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency"