|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come help build a platform for creating secure Internet of Things (IoT) devices! We are looking for Principal Engineers to lead innovation in the Azure Sphere engineering system. Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to connect MCU-based devices to the Internet. An important aspect of this is security. Our team is building an end-to-end secure platform for IoT devices. You would help deliver a product targeted at a multi-billion unit market and improve the security of everyday devices.
As a member the Azure Sphere Engineering Platform team, you will help build and maintain an innovative engineering system that empowers our engineers to deliver software quickly with low friction and with world-class quality. The team is responsible for build, test, compliance, and deployment infrastructure across a range of OSes and hardware platforms including Windows, Linux, and ARM-based IoT devices. As a principal level engineer, you will help lead the effort to define our engineering platform strategy and design and implement comprehensive solutions for challenging problems, all for the purpose of multiplying our engineer’s productivity.
Come join us! Team members have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
- Collaborate with internal partner teams to identify their areas of biggest needs and create a forward-looking strategy for the engineering system that empowers those teams to deliver new features with high quality and enables Azure Sphere to be the most trustworthy IoT platform on the planet.
- Design and implement a next-generation build and test system having a wide range of targets including cloud services, desktop software, and embedded device firmware for multiple silicon platforms. Incorporate known best practices from across Microsoft and the industry and define new, innovative best practices that can be shared with the industry.
- Implement new feature work, debug issues, and apply reliability fixes. Lead improvements in engineering system reliability with automated monitoring and self-healing systems, driving our operations costs lower.
- Mentor junior developers and participate in design and code reviews.
- Demonstrate and teach best practices for software development.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and mentoring skills.
- 10+ years of software design and development experience.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- Previous experience designing, developing, and deploying features in an engineering system.
- Previous experience with Azure, Azure Devops, Windows, and Linux.
- Previous experience with multiple languages including C#, C/C++, Powershell, and Python.
- Previous experience with container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Previous experience with multiple build tools including CMake and Yocto.
- Previous experience engaging with the open-source community (such as upstreaming fixes, working through technical issues, and participating in discussions).
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.