|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Would you like to impact the experience of 800 million users per month? Be on the forefront of digital transformation? The CE&S Digital & Data (D2) organization is enhancing customer and employee connected experiences by driving innovative digital and data solutions at scale.
The Digital & Data team is looking for an experienced communications professional to partner with the CE&S VP/Chief Technology Officer and his leadership team to lead a comprehensive communications strategy and plan from developing key messages to execution.
The right candidate will bring a combination of creativity and a proven track record in developing impactful communication programs. Partnering across organizations, you will lead a marketing and communications program for the D2 that delivers the VP/CTO and CE&S digital transformation messaging and resonates with different internal and external audiences.
- Develop and manage a communications calendar for the VP/CTO’s internal and external communications engagements and social media profile, including reviewing and evaluating communications requests and opportunities, gathering input from key stakeholders, and preparing talking points, briefs, and collateral as needed.
- Provide executive marketing and communication support including profile development, branding, internal communications, social media, and keynotes for internal and external audiences.
- Help build effective channels, strategies, media, and methods to reach different roles across Microsoft and externally. Different formats or types of media should be used to reach a wider audience, such as, video, social media, demos, articles, website, etc. and establish listening channels to gather feedback and stay current with technology topics.
- Develop the VP/CTO rhythm of communication that builds upon the CE&S communication strategy.
- Cultivate and share stories that support key messages and generate energy. Build a communications library of stories and presentation materials using a multi-model approach.
- Be a collaboration rock star - build strong partnerships and have a thirst to learn about new areas of the business.
- Invent and develop visually impactful communications. Develop VP/CTO key messages and presentations for industry events, live social media streams, executive customer presentations, and keynote speaking engagements as well as communications pieces to represent the work of the team.
- Measure impact of communications and adjust plan accordingly.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience in communications, including executive communication, and/or social media, public relations, industry events, marketing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and deliver compelling information to an employee audience.
- Passion for communications, creativity and storytelling, including being thoughtful about how new channels and tools are creating new ways to inform and engage people.
- Experience of working on the launch of new products, services or initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills and examples of balancing competing projects and priorities.
- Proven executive maturity and the ability to carry a strategic communications discussion with senior leaders.
- A customer-obsessed mindset.
- Minimum of 10 years communications, marketing and/or public relations experience.
- Experience building effective channels, strategies, multimedia, and methods to reach different roles.
- Proven track record in developing key messages and communications plans for varied stakeholders and audiences, professionally designed one-pagers, and communications or marketing strategy and program to include internal and external speaking engagements and events.
- Experience developing presentations for C-level presenters and audience.
- Excels at cross-group collaboration.
- Knowledge of measuring the impact and effectiveness of communications.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint. Camtasia experience a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.