|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Technical Sales Manager for the Strategic Partnerships Team, you will build and lead a team of senior Technical Sales Professionals to identify, support and win over the technical decision maker in the Business IT department of our customers. You and your team will drive technical decisions at the customer that helps them achieve business value with the Microsoft Platform, securing long-term sustainable growth for Microsoft. A TSM drives revenue and market share by leading a team of technical sellers who provide customers with insights and solutions to meet their custom application development, application migration, and application and infrastructure modernization needs using cloud and hybrid cloud technologies
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
Develop and lead a diverse and high performing technical sales team that helps customers make sound technical decisions and maximize the adoption and value of Microsoft solutions
- Attract the best technical sales talents from the market, develop talent, and work with individuals on building a career plan.
- Drive for knowledge of the industry's IT technologies and competitors, and map relevant solutions to industry, customer IT and business trends.
- Build a learning culture in your team to build deep skills on core technologies, broad knowledge of adjacent solutions and professional skills.
- Encourage your team to collaborate on opportunities and consumption projects to maximize the customer value.
Coach for technical and sales excellence to drive customer success and Microsoft growth
- Your strategic knowledge will lead your team to actively work with customers, to define clear technical decision criteria for all opportunities, to secure customer commitment to Microsoft technology and to develop plans that help customers deploy and consume our products and services.
- Your practical experience will increase deal velocity by assessing the progress of technical engagements at every stage, and by orchestrating your Team, other Microsoft technical resources and Partners on most complex digital transformation deals.
- Coach the team to actively address the technical and architectural issues that block customers' technology decisions and usage.
- Escalate blockers and collaborate creatively with other field leaders, services & partners, as well as corporate business and marketing groups to ensure the technical needs and preferences of customers are heard
Inspire others to take positive actions by being a technical thought leader and an effective influencer
- You will demonstrate Microsoft's value proposition internally and externally to executives by showcasing our technology innovations and building relationships with and influencing key Technical Decisions Makers eg CTOs, CISOs etc.
- Drive cross group experiences that deliver increased sales and consumption.
- Ensure that the team highlights Microsoft's unique value propositions in comparison to top competitors' offerings.
- Encourage deep technical community participation and the importance of gathering and sharing customer insight.
Technical Sales Leader
- 10+ years recognized and rewarded experience selling cloud business solutions to large/global enterprise customers required.
- Strong knowledge of cloud-related enterprise software solutions and platform competitor landscape, business drivers, and emerging trends required
- Ability to drive and influence Stakeholder across organizational boundaries through extremely strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, envisioning, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to build a healthy pipeline of great technical sales talents required.
- Proven experience developing a high-performance team through continuous coaching, and inspiration required.
- Energy Able to inspire your team and to build and maintain a high organizational health and satisfaction score required.
- Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Management Solid track record of managing business operations and processes required.
- Scale Experience leveraging partners and other technical resources preferred.
Technology Thought Leader
- Passionatefor Constant and contagious desire to learn new technologies required.
- CustomerVoice. Ability to identify new technical and business trends and needs and serves as the customer's voice into Microsoft
- Experience inspiring others through technical leadership, personal influence, and status as a role model based on consultative selling preferred.
- Role Model.Proven track record in prioritization and orchestration of resources in and for complex customer digital transformation engagements preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Proven track record in either sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling preferred.
- Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.