|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Corporation is proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation’s interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. If you are an individual who possess exceptional leadership and have experience working in or supporting the Department of Defense or Intelligence Community, we have an excellent opportunity in our National Security Team within the Customer Security & Trust organization. Microsoft Corporation is seeking an exceptional leader to join our National Security Team as a Senior Industrial Security Specialist Compliance in Washington DC metro area.
If you have experience managing NISPOM requirements to include working knowledge of Intelligence Community requirements this is an exciting opportunity, and you are encouraged to apply today.
Security Clearance Requirements: The successful candidate must be a United States citizen and have eligible or active US Government TS Security Clearance and the ability to pass a polygraph. Candidate must be able to travel to customer sites as required. The selected candidate must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
Qualified candidates should have a working knowledge of Government Systems to include IC customer processes. Experience working as a Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO), or Facility Security Officers (FSO) or a Contractor Specialist Security Officers (CSSO) are required. Must have 5-10 year’s industry or related consulting experience in physical or industry security. The successful candidate must have strong oral/written communication, organization, and interpersonal skills, combined with effective negotiation skills. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to providing continuous oversight and tracking of self-inspections, execute and/or support government security compliance audits and support buildouts with countermeasures needed for classified spaces.
In this role, you will also be responsible for all aspects of security services: customer satisfaction, services delivery, and operations including but not limited to:
- Developing, implementing and overseeing security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment
- Conducting studies and implementing federal security regulations that apply to company operations.
- Obtaining rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies
- Preparing manuals outlining regulations, and establishes procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records, and for granting personnel and visitors access to restricted records and materials
- Investigating security violations, incidents and preparing reports with administrative inquiries
- Acting as primary contact for ensuring the delivery of security briefings, awareness education and training
- Actively participating in Government security audits and executes annual self-inspections
- Providing prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of DD form 254's and security guidance
- Eligible or active TS Security Clearance, with polygraph preferred
- 5 or more years of relevant industry experience
- Working knowledge of applicable guides and government systems - NISPOM, NCAISS, NISS, DISS, JPAS, EQiP, and PSQ
- Working knowledge of Special Access Programs (SAPs)
- Possess an understanding of advanced technology security integration processes
- Ability to work independently to identify, assess & resolve unique security situations with innovative solutions geared to facilitate contract performance within the bounds of security requirements
- Ability to travel to customer locations upon request
Preferred additional skills: (candidate with preferred skills will have priority)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Security Volumes 1-4, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), NISPOM, NISPOM Supplement Experience with Special Access Program Security with practical application of DOD 5205.7 Completion of CDSE Facility Security Officer (FSO) certification
- Completed a CSSO Course with an IC customer, within the past 5 years
- Working knowledge of SIMS (or other personnel database management system)
- Knowledge of access control and alarm maintenance
- Familiarity with the Continuous Evaluation Program
- Six-Sigma methodology or equivalent training
- Experience working in teams and matrix environments
- Knowledge of the RMF process
- Experience in counterintelligence, Insider Threat and OPSEC programs
The successful candidates must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.