|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Mojang Studios, Minecraft is not the only game we make! We are looking for a data scientist to join the data and analytics team to help us understand and improve our new games. As the data scientist supporting Minecraft: Dungeons and other new titles, you will work with talented colleagues and state-of-the-art tools like Databricks in Azure. You will collaborate with producers, game designers, and developers to get context and hypotheses about our games. With the support of our data science and engineering team, you’ll uncover strategic insights that will impact our business and product decisions.
- Deliver impactful insights in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with producers, game developers, designers, and business stakeholders to translate questions and ideas into analysis.
- Design telemetry logging that is consistent across the franchise, lightweight, and easy to use
- Apply machine learning models as well as basic statistics to understand players.
- Help teammates build on your work by sharing results, code, new methods, and new skills.
- Build on the work of others rather than reinventing the wheel.
- Use critical thinking to evaluate biases and assumptions.
- Present results clearly and concisely to non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, graduate education preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in data science role.
- 1+ years of experience analyzing data using Python, R, or other statistical languages.
- 1+ years of experience querying data with SQL-like languages - Spark and Databricks experience is a bonus.
- Experience using and evaluating machine learning models on real-world data.
- Experience with statistics with specialized expertise in branches like experimentation, time-series analysis, causal analysis, or text analysis preferred.
- Experience building dashboards and reports using tools like Excel and PowerBI.
- Great written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Deliver business impact on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
- Able to work on a collaborative and diverse team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.