|Job Type:||Full Time|
GPUs are being deployed in the cloud at an ever accelerating rate, fueling the ML and AI revolution. Would you like to be part of the team responsible for the core technology enabling GPU virtualization in the cloud? We recently released our first cloud centric GPU virtualization technology called GPU Partitioning. GPU Partitioning enables fractional GPU in new VM series such as NVv4 and open the way for more affordable and ubiquitous GPU enabled VM in the cloud.
Our team is responsible for the graphics kernel which is at the heart of GPU support in Windows. We drive the evolution of the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) and own a large breadth of technology that enables GPU in Windows. We’re responsible for technology such as GPU scheduling, GPU memory management, GPU virtualization both for cloud and client environment (including our Linux support) and much more. Our team has strong partnerships with teams across Microsoft and with our Independent Hardware Vendor (IHV) partners. We are at the forefront and active participant in evolving the role of the GPU in our ever growing eco-system.
We’re looking for software engineers which are passionate about OS internals, GPU and virtualization technology to help drive our growing GPU virtualization infrastructure as we continue to scale to the cloud and enable new scenarios and offering. Candidate should have strong debugging skills and enjoy challenging investigations in a live service environment.
- Design and implement new feature related to GPU virtualization or surrounding areas.
- Build automation, tooling and infrastructure to allow validation of GPU virtualization feature in an environment mimicking live deployment
- Investigate and root cause failures in both live environment as well as postmortem
- Provide operational support to the team and to live Azure services.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals with good knowledge of OS fundamentals
- Experience with kernel driver development and knowledge of virtualization preferred
- Solid coding skills in C/ C++
- Excellent technical design, problem solving, debugging and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services
- Bachelor of Science / Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.