Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is searching for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Enterprise team. You'll be joining a team focused on making Atlassian Cloud scale for usage in Enterprises by helping build out of enterprise grade scale accompanied with governance, trust and security. Our team has substantial impact on the growth of Atlassian, and we're committed to pushing current trends in cloud development in order to create a solid experience across our brand.
What You'll Do
As a Principal Software Engineer on this team, you will work with a talented team of Product Managers, Designers, and Developers to continually iterate and improve the reach of our products for enterprises. You will be empowered to drive innovation by coming up with new and exciting ideas to creatively solve issues, as well as proactively look for opportunities to improve the design, interface, and architecture of Atlassian's products on the cloud.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- You have an excellent grip on SaaS and Cloud
- You are hands-on and have demonstrated experience in building multi-tenant cloud based SaaS solution
- Extensive understanding of AWS and the building blocks within that platform
- You have worked at scale, using AWS and similar, and thousands of nodes seem normal to you.
- Solid understanding of application security, web applications as well as micro services.
- You're on the cutting edge of secure cloud design (across Infrastructure, Platform, Application and Data).
- You have engineering discipline to produce software with quality
- Great communication to build and articulate a technical vision for the product.
Great to have, but not required:
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker
- Security experience in areas such as authentication policies, threat detection and data leak prevention
- Familiarity with enterprise compliance and auditing processes
- Experience presenting to customers and/or at industry forums
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.