Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This executive will serve as a member of the executive HR leadership team managing multiple HR functions focused on acquiring, developing and managing talent within Card, Bank, Payments and the corporate functions. Includes talent acquisition (campus, experienced and executive hiring), employer brand, talent management and talent development (for all segments except customer service agents), and HR consulting (business partners).
- Member of the HR 360 leadership team, focused on delivering a wide range of talent outcomes for the organization. Collaborates with HR COE and shared service leaders and HRCs within the broader HR operating model.
- Partners closely with the CHRO and Executive Committee on a wide range of talent initiatives, particularly those cross-functional in nature, and represents the CHRO and HR function as needed to achieve our long-term talent objectives.
- Oversees direction for multiple aspects of HR consulting and program delivery including employee engagement, performance management, workforce talent strategy, and organization design and talent management.
- Drives strategy and execution for campus, experienced, technology, analytics, and executive hiring, including effective sourcing channels, delivering hiring plans aligned with business forecasts, and focus on candidate experience – all with a lens toward attracting diverse talent.
- Champion for candidate and employee branding that represents corporate culture and attracts key candidate audiences. Shapes social media marketing consistent with corporate brand standards. Also, brings marketing tactics to increase awareness and utilization of employee benefits internally.
- Expands, builds, and improves talent development programs focused on early tenure cohorts (e.g., first 2 years from campus), middle management cohorts, Officers, and the Executive Committee. Also, partners with business leaders to shape and support specialized talent development programs for Business Technology and Analytics, including external partnerships.
- Influences the evolution and execution of talent management programs and practices, including goal setting, performance reviews, coaching, and feedback for all segments except customer service agents.
- Leads the executive, leadership and professional development priorities for the organization necessary to support achievement of short and long term business objectives. For example, embedding of the Discover Behaviors throughout the company, and strengthening work force planning.
- Responsible for the development and recruitment of the Talent teams focused on the multi-faceted non-agent employee, management and executive populations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or Business required
- Master’s Degree in HR or Business preferred
- 15+ years HR, Business, people management or related field required
- 10+ years HR experience, inclusive of leading multiple functional areas simultaneously
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.