|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure OneDeploy holds the key to unlocking rapid innovation while providing the most up-to-date to host Azure. The whole Azure infrastructure, millions of machines, thousands of infra services from OS, driver, hypervisor to monitoring are all managed and deployed by this team. The work in this team affects every single machine and VM running on Azure as well as Microsoft private cloud which hosts Bing and xBox.
While Azure is hosting every cloud service for Microsoft, your service is hosting Azure!
The position requires the expertise of distributed system design, large scale service coding capability and data analytics. If you are an expert in these areas you will find yourself applying your knowledge, validating your work in the fast-growing Azure cloud platform and enjoying a great sense of accomplishment. We are also looking for the developers with strong analytics mindset to tune the service and drive results with service analytics. We offer you a strong team and culture that invests in new technologies and in our people for the long term. While we design as a platform, we ship constantly in an incremental fashion. The emphasis is on solid long-term design and incremental shipping with high quality and quick adaptation to customer feedback.
You are encouraged to come up with creative solutions for numerous hard problems like:
- How can I scale my code to run on millions physical machines?
- How does my code make real-time decision for 10-millions of customer machines (VM)
- How can I process PB level streaming data and make high accurate real-time decision to flag out a buggy software component and apply auto mitigation for Azure infrastructure?
- How can I help code to get to production faster and safer?
- Design and implement for large scale, high accurate data processing solution to increase Azure Infrastructure safety and efficiency.
- Lead the team for new intuitive. Build industry leading solution to extend Azure Infra for the next generation to meet the growing Azure business, for function, scale and performance.
- Solve immediate production problem and keep Azure always on with five nine availability.
- Collaborate with other team vertically and horizontally to increase team efforts and efficiency. Build synergy cross team and component.
- Build the team engineering muscle. Grow talent.
- Build OneMicrosoft, OpenMind and Inclusive team culture.
- 2+ year of commercial software development experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, EE or related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated track record of driving high-quality service design/implementation to production
- Large data processing experience
- Design, development, and debugging skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Customer empathy and passion for livesite
- Ability to work within product teams and across product group
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.