|Location:||Arlington, Virginia, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Joining the Microsoft Federal Operations team will bring you close to the customer and a leading edge go-to-market team. The team has a dynamic, mission-driven culture, with a high degree of passion to meet the needs of US Government customers with a range of solutions. We offer unique opportunities to work across global projects and teams in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Implementation Program Manager leads a comprehensive portfolio of launches, ensuring successful in-market deployment of new products, programs, devices, services, business models etc. The PM owns the end-to-end launch process, working across multiple stakeholders from Operations, Sales, Finance, Trade, Compliance, Legal, Partner Readiness, Support, Policy, etc. Implementation Managers provide input to launch design, execute delivery of launch plan (identifying issues/risks, driving mitigation and resolution, E2E co-ordination etc.), and ultimately sign off on launch criteria. The PM plays a mission critical role accountable for enabling ease of doing business with Microsoft customers and partners to scale through process excellence, standardization and automation.
- Own and manage the launch portfolio, leading the implementation of new launches (product, device, program, service, business model, compliance, etc.) on behalf of Federal Operations.
- Identify and own optimization opportunities, including prioritization, design and tracking business benefits across policy, program and process.
- Provide input to launch design, engage with Corp launch team to ensure compliant transaction and best practice process requirements are incorporated into design. Ensure consistency in launch execution and adherence to launch framework.
- Represent our Customers, our Partners and the Field throughout the launch process. Conduct experience mapping sessions, ensuring the experience we deliver is in line with customer and partner expectations.
- Use the BPM Maturity model, benchmark as-is process, plan roadmap and scorecard to improve and achieve to-be (short, mid-, long-term).
- Lead prioritization, investment planning and resourcing for continued process improvement roadmap, contributing to overall prioritized efforts with forecasted improvements centered on digital transformation.
- Define clear KPIs and measurable impacts for all improvements. Coordinate cross-process lead efforts applying Microsoft policy, process framework and operating model standards.
- Monitor and report end-to-end process performance, health, improvement scorecard with KPIs and business outcomes (effectiveness, efficiency, % process documented, cost, capacity, productivity, quality and ROI)
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Operations, Program and Project Management and Process Management with proven ability for planning, scheduling & coordinating
- Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership, decision-making, influence, and process execution management.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security background screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements currently include, but may change, and are not limited to:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Screen background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter while in this role.
- United States Government (USG) contractor experience is a plus.
- Government industry knowledge to shape transformational business deal construction.
- US federal government depth of knowledge and proven track record of researching, reviewing, interpreting, and applying the various federal FAR/DFAR acquisition and procurement codes to provide world class government order-to-cash and business development/capture support.
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide array of internal business groups, executive stakeholders and execution partners with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Proven impact and influence skills - ability to work broadly across disparate groups to gain agreement on direction, integrate disparate opinions into cohesive strategy/message and present/defend recommendations.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate uncertain situations to drive for clarity; work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-speed environment.
- Experience in use of Six Sigma, Lean, Agile and/or Scrum Methodologies modeling AS IS and TO BE processes.
- PMP certification desired
- Able to work effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel driving achievement of business goals, metrics and problem resolution.
- Track record of breaking down silos and working with others within your team and other organizations to maximize impact.
This role is open to applicants who are willing to work in northern Virginia and its surrounding areas.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.