Last updated yesterday
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
At Atlassian, we've built a billion dollar, fast-growing business based on high-quality products, free trials and a focus on customer satisfaction. Interested evaluators convert to paying customers, activating a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 150,000+ customers to date. Our Product Advocate team comes into play prior to or during a customer’s evaluation journey, and serve as the product experts to help connect our solutions with their needs. We inspire trial activations and ultimately purchases by supporting customers with recommendations and resources based on our deep product knowledge of features and functionalities. In turn, we provide our product and marketing teams with customer feedback to guide roadmap prioritization and messaging optimization.
As the ultimate mission of our team is to provide best-in-class customer support, our success metrics are built to reflect this. Responding to customers in a timely manner and capturing their satisfaction with our response, are the two biggest ways we measure success. We need folks who are passionate about giving accurate, helpful information to our pre-evaluators and evaluators so they can make an informed decision. We rely on our products, and our knowledgeable team of Product Advocates explaining the benefits of those products, to drive sales.
More about you
We are looking for positive, professionally curious people who have technical chops, an innate ability to delight customers, and a burning desire to seek out and drive change for our products, processes, and performance. If you're looking to work for a game-changing company, and you have an analytical and innovative mindset you'd like to use to influence the direction of a healthy and growing suite of software development tools, then Atlassian is the place for you.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3-4 years experience in a customer-facing role, ideally within a high-growth technology company.
- Excellent communication skills across email and phone. Ability to both interpret customer questions and deliver recommended solutions, as well as capture customer feedback and recognize key areas for improvement.
- Customer-satisfaction driven. Motivated to provide timely, accurate customer responses that anticipate future needs and build confidence in solutions.
- Strong cross-functional skills. Ability to build relationships across teams and work collaboratively to provide feedback and improve processes that benefit all parties.
- In-depth product knowledge. Experience supporting customers and ability to recall and explain deep product knowledge back to a customer in a way that’s concise and digestible.
- Motivated self-starter. Passion for seeking out change, driving relationships with relevant partners, and leading experiments where you identify the need for improvement.
- Experience working in an agile, constantly evolving environment.
It's a plus if you have:
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools, specifically, Jira Service Management and/or Confluence as user or site admin (bonus points for Trello, and Jira Core/Jira Software).
- Experience leading a service request queue and assisting customers with online and phone correspondence.
- Working knowledge of server, data center, and cloud deployment options and the high-level differences of each.
In this role, you'll get to:
- respond to customer questions through our service request queue and over the phone.
- work cross-functionally to make sure the customer is interacting with the right team based on their needs, and support other teams who need assistance answering their customer’s product questions.
- aggregate and summarize customer feedback to our Product Management and Marketing teams to help define product strategy.
- support two of our top-attended product demos and assist with customer questions in real-time.
- uncover ways to optimize the way we support our customers
- seek out new and different ways to help increase happiness, all while doing so in a lively and encouraging environment!
More about our team
As a Product Advocate, you’ll be responsible for managing and responding to customer questions through our service request queue and over the phone. You’ll work cross-functionally to make sure the customer is interacting with the right team based on their needs, and support other teams who need assistance answering their customer’s product questions. In addition, you’ll aggregate and summarize customer feedback and provide to our Product Management and Marketing teams to help define product strategy. You will also support two of our top-attended product demos and assist with customer questions in real-time. Last but not least, you’ll be expected to uncover ways to optimize the way we support our customers and seek out new and different ways to help increase satisfaction, all while doing so in a fun and supportive environment!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.