Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Discover has grown to become one of the top five direct banks in the United States since its founding in 1986, and today is well positioned to pursue its vision to be the leading direct bank and payments partner. The company issues the Discover card and is a leader in other banking products that include private student loans, personal and home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, as well as certificates of deposit. It also operates the Discover Global Network, which is comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world.
Discover has established a strong track record of performance since becoming an independent, publicly traded company in 2007. For 10 years, it was the top-performing stock in the S&P 500 Financials Index and the company has grown total loans from $48 billion in 2007 to $96 billion in 2019, deposits from $25 billion to $73 billion, network volume from $186 billion to $403 billion, and net income from $0.6 billion to $2.9 billion.
Discover’s performance is driven by 18,000+ employees who are united by shared values and who are committed to making a difference every day for our customers, owners, communities and one another. Thanks to these employees, Discover receives awards and recognition year-in and year-out for innovative products and features, workplace quality, corporate citizenship, and for providing an industry leading customer experience based on 100% U.S.-based customer service.
Responsible for identifying risk and driving strategies to manage it. Liaison to the enterprise-wide Legal, Compliance and Corporate Risk functions. Develops business-unit specific approaches and ensure accurate and timely implementation across all risk management disciplines and all areas in the organization. Directs process design, control work flow/systems, reporting, testing, remediation and third party management
- Responsible for developing and executing risk assessments. Provides education and risk guidance to business partners and ensures policies, standards, procedures, risks and controls are implemented, monitored and executed as required
- Ensuring changes in laws and regulation are properly embedded into the control environment
- Oversees development and implementation of job aids and tools to facilitate efficient completion of policy and standard requirements
- Ensures effective identification and implementation of controls to manage operational, financial and compliance risks
- Develops efficient processes to maintain an accurate library of risks and controls
- Provide independent post-launch oversight of initiatives and report results to management
- Provides education and monitor employees on requirements of company policies and standards related to Risk Reporting, Operational Risk Events, Root Cause Analysis, and Issues Management
- Oversees timely completion of complex projects in the areas of Exam Management, Control Workflow and Standardization Solutions, Departmental Continuous Improvement
- Oversees development, implementation and administration control standardization and workflow solutions
- Maintains a highly engaged, development focused team
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or related
- 8+ years of audit, compliance, risk management, regulatory, financial services marketing or financial services operations experience required
- In lieu of education, 15+ years of audit, compliance, risk management, regulatory, financial services marketing or financial services operations experience required
- Has superb written and verbal communication skills
- Track record as a trusted advisor and business partner - driving business insights, actions, and accountability, with a customer service-oriented attitude
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.