|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Business Solutions Group is hiring a self-motivated and passionate Principal Program Manager for the Manufacturing, Retail / CPG Industry Solutions Team.
This position offers the opportunity to create a compelling vision and lead the strategy for developing industry-specific software solutions leveraging the Dynamics 365, Power Platform, and Citizen Developer portfolio.
We are developing software, data and AI solutions for our customers in the Manufacturing industry.
You will work with some of the largest and best-known companies in the world to help them accelerate their digital transformation.
You will partner closely with Microsoft's Sales, Strategy, Apps Engineering Partner, and Marketing Teams, to gain customer insights, define customer success themes, and drive industry-specific product scenarios and innovations in alignment with the overall Microsoft three cloud (Azure, Microsoft 365, and Dynamics 365) strategy.
Join us as we empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more through Microsoft Business Solutions!
- Define high value industry solutions to be leveraged by customers and partners
- Drive consensus and execution through creation of business plans – opportunity sizing, competitive landscape, strategic alignment
- Develop compelling industry storytelling and messaging approach
- Collaborate closely with marketing as SME (subject matter expert) for content creation and sales enablement
- Act as SME for analyst, EBC (Executive Briefing Center), and customer engagements
- Act as primary interface to WCB (Worldwide Commercial Business), OCP (One Commercial Partner) and other internal stakeholders to support industry cloud, sales play, and other cross-Microsoft strategies
- Define ISV (Independent Software Vendor), VAR (Value Added Reseller), and GSI (Global Systems Integrator) Targets in concert with ISV / Partner teams
- 7 years+ of industry experience in Manufacturing
- 5+ years of experience in Business Applications in disciplines like Resilient Supply Chain, Agile Factories, Workforce Transformation, Customer Engagement, with a view toward innovation
- 2+ years cloud / AI experience preferred
- MBA preferred
- Desired skills - Manufacturing Industry, Dynamics, Cloud, AI, Storytelling
- Proven experience delivering industry solutions to market mapped to differentiated, compelling value propositions
- Strong cross-functional management and executive maturity with an ability to communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization.
- Strategic thinker able to build multi-function business plans
- Excellent communication skills, presentation, and writing, with strong leadership and impact/influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements, scenarios into outcome-based solutions, ability to deliver results in an environment of ambiguity.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.